Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutron Radio RA2
Actually, that's all there is. They didn't do what I think is best, which is separate on/off and dimmer level settings. They just provide dimmer level. Turning it off means just setting 0 level.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean,

It is great news to see a RadioRA2 driver in development. I am having problems getting it to connect though. I can manually telnet to the RadioRA2 main repeater and login and type commands but CQC seems it can't connect.

12/18 19:06:35-CQC, CQCServer, CQCDrv_RadioRA2Thread6
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.3066, Status/App Status
Driver 'RadioRA2' has its comm resource
}
12/18 19:06:40-CQC, CQCServer, CQCDrv_RadioRA2Thread6
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.3084, Status/App Status
Driver 'RadioRA2' is trying to connect to its device
}
12/18 19:06:42-CQC, CQCServer, CQCDrv_RadioRA2Thread6
{
CQCGenDrvS, MEng.System.CQC.Drivers.Lutron.RadioRA2.DriverImpl.1642, Status/App Status
Exception in connect. Err=Timed out waiting for msg type Monitoring from ID 3
}
12/18 19:06:42-CQC, CQCServer, CQCDrv_RadioRA2Thread6
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.3142, Status/App Status
Driver 'RadioRA2' has lost its communcations resource
}
There's something fundamentally wrong there. It's just trying to set up the device for reporting of changes asynchronously. It hasn't even started trying to access devices. It did get a couple responses before it gave up, so I'm not sure if it's something specific to setting up async button responses, or if it's just happenstance. Is always dying on that same Monitoring from ID 3 error?
Dean Roddey
Nevermind. Stupidity on my part. I initially just put in a hard coded login value to get started. Later, after I added the driver prompts to get the login info, I failed to update the login call to use them. Try the version attached to this post.

Be sure to unload the existing one, then import, then load it up again, so you get the new prompts.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   RadioRA2_1_1.CQCDrvPack (Size: 16.48 KB / Downloads: 8)
Dean Roddey
That did the trick, I am connected now thanks!
Dean,

Maybe I need to read more on how to work the auto generate user interface but from what I could tell the RadioRa2 dimmers don't show up as fields in the room light options. Do you expect this to be working?
No, that's currently a lacking in the auto-generation stuff. It only deals with on/off loads, it doesn't have a way yet to deal with dimmers. That'll come soon.
Dean Roddey
Excuse my ignorance but I can't figure out how to send the invoke command. I was just trying to setup a keymapping action for now to simulate a button press. I thought the InvokeCmd you mention was maybe the SendDrvCmd that I see in the Drivers command options but I can't figure out how the fields.
InvokeCmd is a field. So you just write the commands to that field.
Dean Roddey
How is this driver doing so far?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W800RF32 by WGL (32 bit radio receiver) driver by BPH bph 68 22,525 05-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  XM Radio Channel Information Driver Jonathan 168 42,186 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Pandora Radio using Sproxy. pasha 59 18,125 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Lutron IP Driver pseigler 15 9,181 08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  XM Radio & Pandora 0 324 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  HD Radio 0 312 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: