Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 2.20 Released
CQC Client has been updated. Changes:

The cache file limit to 1024 files in the media image cache and 256 in the repository. I'm crossing my fingers that that doesn't cause the application to take up too much memory and crash. Let me know your experiences.

I have added a new RIVA command: OpenMovie. It's like the overlay command I added last time, except that it plays a movie in a full-screen player, rather than in a specific place on the screen, so it can support streaming movies rather than snapshots. The first parameter is the URL; the other two parameters should be blank. CQC Client will play the movie in the movie player; when you exit the player, the app returns to your template. I may be able display the movie within the template at some point, but this was an easy solution in the short run. It worked with the mp4 file I tried; I'm not sure what all file types it supports. One problem currently -- it doesn't play well with the existing overlay RIVA commands, in that after you display the mp4 file, if you then turn off an overlay, the background may wind up as a black rectangle instead of returning to the whatever part of the template underlies the space where the overlay used to be. So if you want to have both movies and original-style overlays, they may need to be on separate templates. I'll look into how to fix that at some point, but figured I should start by putting the movie capability out there to see what people thought.

You can now lock the orientation in either landscape mode.

The app should now use the entire screen on an iPhone 5.
Thx brian,

I just installed on the Iphone 5 and its looking good.

ill report any issues after a few days

ezra
Downloading now. I'm looking forward to the expanded image cache! I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
What version of CQC must you be running? I get a "Connection Lost - Lost connection to the server" error when attempting to make a connection, but I suspect it is because I'm not on the newest beta version.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
Try changing the "Protocol" setting to v2 instead of the default v4. Does that help?
brianmount Wrote:Try changing the "Protocol" setting to v2 instead of the default v4. Does that help?

No. I still get the same error. But I am on 4.2.5 and the latest official release is 4.2.9, so I'll upgrade before I make you guys look into any "issues".
Brian

If you are going to upgrade, you might as well go to 4.2.11, in the sticky in the Support section. It's been up there a while and I was going to make it the official version, but decided to hold off until some more stuff was done. But it's got quite a few improvements over .9.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Does your CQC server show any errors in the log that might indicate what it thought was the matter?
Hi,

I updated to the new version, and the auto-connect feature looks to not work any more.

Thanks

- J
brianmount Wrote:CQC Client has been updated. Changes:

The cache file limit to 1024 files in the media image cache and 256 in the repository. I'm crossing my fingers that that doesn't cause the application to take up too much memory and crash. Let me know your experiences.

I have added a new RIVA command: OpenMovie. It's like the overlay command I added last time, except that it plays a movie in a full-screen player, rather than in a specific place on the screen, so it can support streaming movies rather than snapshots. The first parameter is the URL; the other two parameters should be blank. CQC Client will play the movie in the movie player; when you exit the player, the app returns to your template. I may be able display the movie within the template at some point, but this was an easy solution in the short run. It worked with the mp4 file I tried; I'm not sure what all file types it supports. One problem currently -- it doesn't play well with the existing overlay RIVA commands, in that after you display the mp4 file, if you then turn off an overlay, the background may wind up as a black rectangle instead of returning to the whatever part of the template underlies the space where the overlay used to be. So if you want to have both movies and original-style overlays, they may need to be on separate templates. I'll look into how to fix that at some point, but figured I should start by putting the movie capability out there to see what people thought.

You can now lock the orientation in either landscape mode.

The app should now use the entire screen on an iPhone 5.

Anything (doc) on how this works? What movie player is required on the Ipad? What does the code look like?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 2.11 Released brianmount 52 22,994 08-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Bodshal
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client v1.2 Released! SamVimes2 432 118,461 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Fonceur