Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlayWAV works in interface, not in event
I'm pretty sure it does because I use it to view my camera's mp4 files, and it will open more than one window. The switches I suggested as parameters, however, will probably not do what you want since I wanted only one window open and I wanted it to close and quit after every trigger. You may need to spend some time with the VLC wiki page to figure out which parameters do what you want done so you can load the proper ones into the CQC driver configuration page.

Good luck!
TurboSam Wrote:PS: If you want to try VLC, here are the application parameters I used in adding the VLC driver so VLC opens and closes playing only the triggered input... I'm not sure what they all do (old history) but it works for me:

--extraintf="r" --host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: --rc-quiet

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is my server ip address

TurboSam,
I could no get the "VLC Media Player" driver to show "connected". even with updated command line parameters after looking at the VLC wiki for version 2.1.0. I could see it listening to 9595(after generic app control started it) but no joy with the cqc driver. I guess I will chock it up to another frustration trying to play wav files without an IV.
Thanks again.
Kevin
I guess the TTS driver could be expanded to also handle WAV files, though they'd want to be local files since you wouldn't want to suck them over the network every time they play.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:I guess the TTS driver could be expanded to also handle WAV files, though they'd want to be local files since you wouldn't want to suck them over the network every time they play.
I think that would be a good feature that more than a few people have expressed interest in. And probably makes sense since mobile devices will continue to pick in popularity.

My "use case" is probably unusual because I need to be able to play multiple wav files at the same time.
Kevin
TurboSam Wrote:Kfly, a belated and hopefully helpful reply. I use VLC to play my ding dong and mail wave files--both triggered by elk inputs to triggered events. It's a bit of a PIA because you have to make sure the tray is loaded so you get the old AppCtrl function, but it works for the two or three wavs I wanted:

Devices::FieldWrite
P1=VLC.StartViaOpen
P2=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\Postman17Mono.wav
P3=True

]

TurboSam,
I couldn't get it working like you did above but managed to get it working by also using the "generic app control" and the below in the triggered events.(I am triggering from an door open in elk).

P1=VLC1.StartWithParms
P2=--play-and-exit C:\\Halloween\\creaky_doorR.wav
P3=True

P1=VLC1.Power
P2=True
P3=True

FYI. I created 2 "generic app controls" so I can play multiple sounds at the same time.

Thanks again for the VLC suggestion.
Kevin
I am using kfly's method above to play the emergency alert tones when there is a weather watch or warning. I am running into problems though when I try to combine this with TTS. The sequence I would like to do is:

1. EAS_Start Tone (VLC)
2. TTS announcing the type of alert and additional info like time etc (TTS)
3. Play the EAS_End Tone (VLC)

Here is the way I thought this would work, but it only plays the first start tone. If I remove the first wait, it will mix together the start tones and TTS.

P1=ELK-M1.Output016
P2=True
P3=True

P1=Alert-Audio.StartWithParms
P2=--play-and-exit D:\CQC_Sound_Effects\eas_start.mp3
P3=True

System::WaitTimer
P1=0
P2=16000

P1=TTS_Main.SayText
P2=This is an alert of the National Weather Service. Your county has been placed in a Tornado Warning. Seek shelter and seek additional information from your local weather source. Again this is a Tornado warning.
P3=True

P1=0
P2=15000

P2=--play-and-exit D:\CQC_Sound_Effects\eas_end.mp3
P3=True

P1=0
P2=50000

P1=ELK-M1.Output016
P2=False
P3=True

FYI: I am switching the audio output using a relay on the ELK-M1. That is why I switch the output before and after the sequence. Any thoughts? Is there a better way to sequence than using the system wait?
If you are using the Speech2 driver, then it has a field that indicates whether it's actively speaking or not. You can use Device::WaitFieldValue on that field to wait for it go false. When it does, you know it's done with any currently queued up speech.
Dean Roddey
I was able to accomplish what I wanted with the system WaitTimer command, it helps to actually go read the documentation Smile. I then tried with the speech 2 driver and the WaitFieldValue command, but it errors saying that it never reaches false state. The error throws in mid sentence. Here is the code.

P1=ELK-M1.Output016
P2=True
P3=True

P2=--play-and-exit D:\CQC_Sound_Effects\eas_start.mp3
P3=True

P1=0
P2=16000

P1=TTS_Main.SayText
P2=This is an alert of the National Weather Service. Your county has been placed in a Tornado Warning. Seek shelter and seek additional information from your local weather source. Again this is a Tornado warning.
P3=True

Devices::WaitFieldValue
P1=TTS_Main.SpeechActive
P2=False
P3=Equal
P4=5000

-System::WaitTimer
P1=0
P2=30000

P2=--play-and-exit D:\CQC_Sound_Effects\eas_end.mp3
P3=True

-System::WaitTimer
P1=0
P2=45000

P1=ELK-M1.Output016
P2=False
P3=True

Any ideas on why the WaitFieldValue would be throwing this error?
You are only waiting 5 seconds. The text is probably taking longer than that to speak. Set the time up a good bit higher. The advantage to the wait field value is that it will return as soon as the field value you are waiting for happens. The timeout is the maximum timeout to give up if it never happens. So you could set it to 30 seconds to be safe. Worst case, it would give up after 30 seconds. But, in the meantime, it'll return as soon as the field goes false.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Practices for PlayWav RichardU 4 93 01-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  Event entry not responding! Deane Johnson 4 206 12-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Writing to an external file from trigger event Ira 21 1,596 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Odd behavior of Admin interface Mark Stega 1 173 10-22-2017, 09:12 AM
  Logitech Media Server/squeezebox driver freezes Admin interface lleo 7 704 10-21-2017, 11:11 AM
  Relearning interface building George M 6 1,458 09-25-2017, 04:50 PM
  Interface Editor and Creating Interfaces bobskie708 1 408 08-27-2017, 01:43 PM
  Motion Event Running Twice? zra 2 464 07-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: zra
  EVent Server Monitor znelbok 1 452 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
  Interface editing slowness zra 3 881 05-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: zra