Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room configuration data
4.2.13 is posted (in the sticky at the top of the Support section), and it has this new stuff in it. There are two new queries you can do:

To get the config for a specific room, you'd do something like:

Code:
<CQCGW:Msg>
         <CQCGW:RoomCfgReq CQCGW:Name="Bedroom"/>
    </CQCGW:Msg>

That will return a CQCGW:RoomCfgRep, which will wrap the above type room data XML.

To request a list of rooms available, use the generic query and send the CQCGW:QueryRmCfgList query. It will return something like:

Code:
<CQCGW:Msg>
      <CQCGW:RoomList>
            <CQCGW:RoomInfo CQCGW:Name="Bedroom"/>
            <CQCGW:RoomInfo CQCGW:Name="Kitchen"/>
      </CQCGW:RoomList>
</CQCGW:Msg>
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Hi Dean,

I installed 4.2.13 and tried to configure some rooms. I have an elk panel which controls some Z-wave lights. However in the "lights" config section, none of my dimmers available.

Do I need to upgrade/change something else?

Thanks!
For now, dimmers aren't supported in the auto-gen, only on/off. If the load has an on/off field in addition to a level field, then it will show up. But if it's purely a dimmer, for now, it's not supported because there's no way for the auto-gen stuff to know how any given driver might control the on/off state of a dimmer if it's not through a field marked as a light switch field.

Hence the need for more standarization in drivers. But that's a tough row to hoe without breaking people's systems.
Dean Roddey
ok - how are people doing this with the elk (which is I think a pretty common device around here)?
Right now it would require manual intervention. You'd have to do something like load the lighthing device simulator driver so that you can select some lighting fields. Once the stuff is generated, you can go back and manually modify the generated lighting controls to work via the Elk.

I will be providing some standardization on this front here soon, so that the auto-gen stuff can handle this kind of thing. The easiest way, though it could create a lot of fields, is to just have drivers like the Elk and Omni also generate a boolean on/off field for dimmers, in addition to the dimmer level field. The other alternative is a standardized command scheme for doing stuff via a Command type field, so that the auto-gen stuff can just use a single command know it will work.

Not sure which was I'll go.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GPS data zra 10 8,145 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Last Post: potts.mike