Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.3 Beta Discussion Thread
I've added two new commands to the System:: action target. These will be available in 4.2.902.

System::EMailURLImg(account, toaddr, subject, url)

This one expects the URL to point to an image accessible via a web server. It will mail the image to the indicated address, via the indicated configured e-mail account. The primary purposeof this one is for folks with security cameras that can notify CQC of something that you are interested in. You can trigger this to grab a snapshot and e-mail it.

As always, be careful with e-mailing commands, so you don't end up sending a thousand images and have a huge data charge or something.

System::SaveURLImg(url, file)

This one will get a URL from a web server and save the contents out to the indicated target file. This one is for folks who don't want to e-mail them, but maybe just to store them away locally for later perusal.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Oh, neither of them throw an error if they fail. They just return a true/false result as to whether they worked or not. For the e-mailing one of course that just means it got to the outgoing smtp server, not that it made it to the target address.
Dean Roddey
Because of the fact that my initial implementation of the JSON standard in the CML (and my underlying C++) JSON parser classes was really stupid and wrong, I've re-worked them. The original version couldn't handle valid JSON content for a number of reasons. And in trying to get stuff to fit my (incorrect) model, there were extra nodes introduced into the resulting data and whatnot, which made it more tedious to map from the original content to what the CML code should expect in terms of iterating through the data.

In the reworking, it's just not be possible (or even desirable since it was bad) to maintain compatibility with the previous stuff. So, after 4.2.902, any drivers or macros using JSON will need to be tweaked. Any shipped drivers will be updated of course (of which there are only currently two, the Tekmar Gateway and the Weather Underground drivers.)

There aren't many that use it, so it won't be a massive issue, but just be sure before you upgrade that any third party drivers your use have been udpated to use the new stuff. It may be a little bit after I get 4.2.902 out before all of them are gotten to.

But, ultimately, it'll be for the best. The parser is now in good shape and should handle any legal JSON and is easier to use and provides more type safety checking stuff and whatnot.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Because of the fact that my initial implementation of the JSON standard in the CML (and my underlying C++) JSON parser classes was really stupid and wrong, I've re-worked them. The original version couldn't handle valid JSON content for a number of reasons. And in trying to get stuff to fit my (incorrect) model, there were extra nodes introduced into the resulting data and whatnot, which made it more tedious to map from the original content to what the CML code should expect in terms of iterating through the data.

In the reworking, it's just not be possible (or even desirable since it was bad) to maintain compatibility with the previous stuff. So, after 4.2.902, any drivers or macros using JSON will need to be tweaked. Any shipped drivers will be updated of course (of which there are only currently two, the Tekmar Gateway and the Weather Underground drivers.)

There aren't many that use it, so it won't be a massive issue, but just be sure before you upgrade that any third party drivers your use have been udpated to use the new stuff. It may be a little bit after I get 4.2.902 out before all of them are gotten to.

But, ultimately, it'll be for the best. The parser is now in good shape and should handle any legal JSON and is easier to use and provides more type safety checking stuff and whatnot.

Could a list of drivers that use JSON be generated to help out what to look for?

Thanks!
-Ben
My drivers that will be impacted are Boxee and XBMC.

You could just load .902 and if any drivers don't connect open them in the Macro editor and at the top you should see it depending on JSONParser in the class list. But probably you will see some sort of serious exceptions in the logs...

Edit: Based on a forum search, it looks like Pasha's PandoraSproxy driver, and maybe some driver Standon is working on might be impacted as well.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Dean,

I'm trying to upgrade to CQC 4.2.901 on a Windows 7 32bit machine. I've saved the CQC installation folder under the C: drive (to make it easier to map the drive when installing on other machines).

I've opened the cmd program as administrator and moved to the c:\CQC_4_2_901 folder. When I try to run the CQCSetup.Cmd file, I get this error:

[CQC Installer Error]
You must change to the installer directory before you run CQCSetup.

Any ideas on what is going wrong? I've run the installer from the C: root before without issues.

Thanks!

EDIT - I unzipped the download in it's downloaded position (ie C:\Users\CQC\Downloads\CQC_4_2_901) and the installer worked normally. So I guess there is a check now to determine the location of the installation folder.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
OK - now I've run into some serious issues. When I first installed 4.2.901, the upgrade was successful, but I had no drivers listed. So I thought something went wrong with the install. So I reverted to an older backup and reinstalled. This time I had all my drivers, although they were not connected to the correct serial port (due to a hardware change inbetween backup versions). So I was updating the drivers with the correct serial port information when all of a sudden I lost my drivers and the system won't work correctly. Here is a log file that shows the events leading up to and the start of the weirdness. Right now nothing works on the system, so I need to figure something out ASAP.

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLogFileSnap.Txt (Size: 43.82 KB / Downloads: 3)
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
Did you put back the client as well? If not, you are running different versions and that could cause significant issues. Either that or just turn off the client, and do the work on the server, then go back to the client.

Actually, it looks like something has gone wrong with the configuration, since CQCServer is cycling. I'd go back to the backup again. Kill any clients, and get the server up. Make sure of course to kill anything before putting the backup back.
Dean Roddey
You might also want to put the backup back, and then run the installer for that version, and make sure it comes up ok. Do your port changes, then do the upgrade.
Dean Roddey
Client was upgraded as well, and I have closed out all the other IVs and other machines as well. Still no luck. It seems that the CQCService (LOG SAYS "CQCService is starting up. Version=4.2.901") is starting up every 4 seconds in the logs. No indication that it is failing, but it is constantly restarting.

EDIT - I tried going back to 4.1.904 which was the backup that the 4.2.901 installer created. I replaced the CQC folder with the backup (still named CQC) and then ran the 4.1.904 installer. The end result was the same - no drivers and a cycling CQCService.

I'll try going back another backup (one that is not related to 4.2.901 at all) and see how that does. This older backup was the one I had reverted to when after the initial failure of 4.2.901.
Brian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,756 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,327 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,141 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,147 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,314 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM