Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to pay someone to reprogram my CQC system
I am a ten year CQC user. I just don't have the time anymore to re-program and tweak my system.

I am looking for someone to re-program my system from the ground up. I need new designs on my touch computers. I want RIVA templates setup after that for iPads and other mobile devices.

1. Your geographical location

Baltimore, MD, USA

2. The time frame you would prefer

Start within 30 days. Substantial completion date TBD based on scope.

3. Basic description of the hardware involved, more than basic if that's possible

House is ready for CQC commands and all drivers working. 4 A/V systems with combo serial control and I/R control. Insteon lighting via ISY99 controller.

4. Maximum budget if you feel comfortable posting that

For the right person, i am willing to pay for a well polished and functional result. We will need to negotiate a time frame, scope of work, and price. We can do either an hourly rate or lump sum depending on scope of work.

Ideally I am looking for someone that either does this for a living (but knows CQC very well and has kept up with what it's capable of doing these days) or even better someone that is always posting on these Boards that wants to make some money (that knows CQC really well).

I am looking for a long term solution as CQC technology changes and I am willing to draft various scope / price packages as we go.

Please PM me if interested.

Adam
I would be interested. I always need the bucks, and these types of things always end up contributing to good improvements to the system as I have to 'eat my own dogfood', as they say. I will wait first though to see if any of our official IPs want to take a shot first. I will stand aside if so, since we don't want to compete with them. But, if not, I'll take it on. The person who does it doesn't have to be local. I've done a number of remote systems quite successfully. I'd do probably 80% of it here, then we'd install it on your system and the rest would be done via RDP, with you starting to help me test it once I get it installed and seemingly working as best I can tell.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I'm in a similar position to Adam. I built my system out about two years ago and haven't kept up with the CQC improvements. In the interim I've added iOS devices and my RIVA templates are very rudimentary.

Adam, I'd be interested to know who ends up doing your work for you.
Thanks Dean. The first thing I need to do is hire someone I know to re-do some IR repeater work for one of my systems that has no IR. I have another 2 systems that need IR re-done. So I anticipate this work to be done over the next 30 days. During that time, I will draft a scope of work, in phases, so I can get a quote for the price of the work. I am excited to get this rolling.

Adam
Okey, dokey. Just let me know when you are ready.
Dean Roddey
Hey, just following up. I have some time available for some work if you still need some.
Dean Roddey