Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.2 Beta Discussion Thread
maybe all the other sonos uses gave up and moved on to other music players?
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Dean Roddey Wrote:So you are running this from the machine named atom3 as well? Or is atom3 another machine from the one that you are running the command on? If it's another one, can you run the interface from atom3 and have it work there?

Also, can you open a CQC Command Prompt on the machine where the failure is occuring and post the results of that?

No, I was running the IV off a different machine... I turned off the windows firewall on atom3 and it seems to have fixed it. Whats strange is CQC is on the exceptions list of the firewall. I went back, turned it on and added something called CQCNetTest... Haven't run into any issues since. But I'm not sure the fix and the results are related.
standon Wrote:No, I was running the IV off a different machine... I turned off the windows firewall on atom3 and it seems to have fixed it. Whats strange is CQC is on the exceptions list of the firewall. I went back, turned it on and added something called CQCNetTest... Haven't run into any issues since. But I'm not sure the fix and the results are related.

Actually, strange but it just happened again when my driveway sensor was triggered. How do I grab a message from the CQC command prompt?
If you mean the logs, just do:

CIDLogAdmin > log.txt

and it'll dump out the last 128 messages or so.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean - I've sent you a couple of file dumps from the thin client that I am having trouble with. Just wanted to let you know they are on the way in case you don't get them for some reason.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Strangely, it seems unable to get the local default address, which seems kind of semi-impossible, but never say never.
Dean Roddey
I think the error on the eXP box is bogus. I guess it may be just caused by fairly early IPV6 support that was available at that point. I changed things a bit, and added an explicit check to prevent that error from preventing the installer from moving forward, and let's see how that works. But if it can't get it's own default address, which is used in various places, it may install but still not work. But we'll see.

I'm called a method to get the available addresses on the local machine. I'm passing an empty string which is supposed to be short hand for 'this machine', so the 'host not found' error has to be bogus. So I changed it instead to just look up the local host name and pass it in explicitly instead. Let's see if this makes it happy. Maybe it just didn't deal correctly with the empty default host name thing.

I'm building it now. I'll post it in a bit. I'm going out for a walk while this builds.
Dean Roddey
I noticed one wierdness with the Sonos player. I hit a file that wouldn't play and it knocked the driver offline for some reason, and it couldn't seem to recover. I'll have to look into that. It seems repeatable on the same file, so it's not some random wierdness and I should be able to debug it.
Dean Roddey
well, I think I have officially given up on 4.1.901... it won, I lost :-(

it got to the point I couldn't even install it anymore on my Master server (XP SP3)
it kept claiming port 13502 (I think that's the one) was in use... but I went and got TCPView from M$, and checked... no one was using 13502... cqc 4.1.901 lied...
and if I changed 13502 to something else, it would just freak out about the next one, 13503, and so on down the list, after changing every single one, I get to the end of the install and it jumps back to the 'new' 13502 and complained about that...

anyway, went back to 4.0.12, that installed happily like the CQC we all know and love, no issues at all, it just worked:-)...

I don't think 4.1.901 really likes XP very much...
the win 7 boxes seemed fine though...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
SomeWhatLost Wrote:I don't think 4.1.901 really likes XP very much...
the win 7 boxes seemed fine though...

That's bad news for me going forward.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,054 Today, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,103 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 149,797 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,786 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,052 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,735 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 195,496 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,365 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 486,364 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,244 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM