Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.2 Beta Discussion Thread
Well, I have what seems to be a working Sonos based standard CQC media renderer drivers, though I've just it basically working and haven't beaten on it any yet, so it may completely suck yet, I dunno. It seems to be moving through the playlist appropriately, and I can control volume, must, and transport. So it seems reasonably happy so far.

This is a standard renderer driver, so it doesn't know anything about Sonos specifically, it's just working through our generic UPnP media renderer framework. It treats the Sonos box like a passive audio player, and it maintains the playlist in the driver itself as all media renders do. The benefit of course is that it's completely integrated into CQC and can be used in the auto-generation stuff and whatnot.

But it won't support radio stations or any of the Sonos specific info, and I don't how now it'll react if you start banging on the Sonos via their software while the driver is trying to control it.

I can look into doing something more Sonos specific but it won't be something that can be fully integrated like a standard renderer driver can be.

You have to do the usual thing of setting up a shared directory and having your repository manager expose the paths to the media files via this shared directory. And you set up the Sonos boxes to know about that share and be able to access it (if you can add that directory to the Sonos media library and it sees the media files, then it should be able to access the files when the CQC driver asks it to play them.)
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'll get that done as soon as I've got the system stable again with these IPV6 changes. It won't be a very good bargain to get the JSON stuff but have a flakey system. I should be able to get things straightened out by the end of the weekend and get a new drop up that will include the JSON parsing improvements.

Dean Roddey Wrote:I'll get that done as soon as I've got the system stable again with these IPV6 changes. It won't be a very good bargain to get the JSON stuff but have a flakey system. I should be able to get things straightened out by the end of the weekend and get a new drop up that will include the JSON parsing improvements.

Regarding the JSON parsing update - will this work for a child anchor in an array? Very odd response, but I have data like this:
Code:
{"apples": "apple pie",
"bananas": [
                  {
                    "color": "yellow",
                    "texture": "mushy",
                    "desserts": {
                                       "pie": "banana cream pie",
                                       "cookie": "no idea"
                                      }
                     "more stuff": "more attributes"
                      }
                   ]
}
It should be ok. The fact that there's a chlid node mixed in with the attributes shouldn't matter, in theory anyway, I'd have to try it and see. Of course you'd have to go down into the desserts node to get to those attributes.
Dean Roddey
How many of you guys have upgraded to the beta? Any networking issues to report?
Dean Roddey
I just started a new thread because I cannot upgrade a client to the latest beta after upgrading the server. It complains about the ports being used by a non-CQC program, but I know this is not true.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Dean Roddey Wrote:How many of you guys have upgraded to the beta? Any networking issues to report?

I won't be able to until late weekend / next week, sorry.

-Ben
Dean Roddey Wrote:How many of you guys have upgraded to the beta? Any networking issues to report?

One of my clients seems to be having issues... It has the Edgeport 8 connected to it and doesn't always respond. I don't use IPV6...

Message from a cmd button:
Quote:The server at {{1657103AEC7B0F90-32ED41A37653A3E1}11E1EA6F07B67760-0B1373F6F653097E,TCQCSrvAdminClientProxy,atom3.13507} was not available

The machine service is running.
So you are running this from the machine named atom3 as well? Or is atom3 another machine from the one that you are running the command on? If it's another one, can you run the interface from atom3 and have it work there?

Also, can you open a CQC Command Prompt on the machine where the failure is occuring and post the results of that?
Dean Roddey
I am using the 4.1.901 beta... networking seems fineish...sorta
but I am only using ipv4 as far as I know... don't quite see the need for v6... at least not on a local network...

of course Dean still hasn't given me an upgraded/updated license yet... could be because I complained about the Sonos driver... seems to kill my system... so FWIW, never complain about something in the same email as you request an updated license:-D

oh, and fwiw, it has nothing to do with the ISY driver... I unloaded it this time before loading the Sonos driver and still same unhappy:-( results...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Are you sure you got all the systems upgraded? It sure sounds like from what you reported that they aren't. It seems like 4.1 clients are trying to read info from the beta level drivers and can't understand them. The same would apply to the UPnP driver since it would get loaded down from the server onto a client that it's not designed to work with and cause problems.

Send me your license request again. It did slip past me in the discussion of the errors, and the old messages have been deleted now so I don't have the install key you originally sent me in the request.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 3 66 06-24-2019, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 1 33 06-23-2019, 12:22 PM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 42,194 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,430 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,953 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,998 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 88,228 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,871 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 198,629 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,688 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM