Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.2 Beta Discussion Thread
The 4.2 release is out now, so this thread has been closed. A new one will be created for the 4.3 release.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I got a good bit of work done down in the platform abstraction layer to get CQC (and the underlying CIDLib frameworks) IPV4/6 agnostic. It's quite a bit of work because I'm moving from a simple numerical IP address to a class that abstractions them out, so every call that uses an IP address is affected, and having to then make the system calls agnostic as well so dealing with different socket address structures and such. But I'm chipping away at it. This was probably the hardest bits I did today (though it may have hundreds of bugs in it yet since I have to convert the rest of the platform abstraction layer before I can test out all the changes I've made.)
Dean Roddey
Another good chunk of it done today. I have the kernel layer compiling and am working on a couple of the chunks in the next layer up to get up far enough to test at the ORB level. I'll be doing the work to moving back to host name based service advertisement as well as I do this. There's not a lot involved there, and I can just compare against what it used to be to make it easier to find the required changes.
Dean Roddey
I'm converted up to the socket layer now, and far enough to run a basic test and have it croak. So I'll get the basic stuff working tomorrow and then start the grunt work of converting everything else, though I think it'll get easier after that since most things will be just dealing at the IP address and IP endpoint class level, which was already abstracting the form of the addresses effectively.
Dean Roddey
If this thread is now open for user suggestions, how about the multi-colum list browser, or whatever solution you chose, so that we can display artist, album, title, duration, rating etc. in both the media list and media repro list browsers. It would improve the "cool factor" of the media player no end. If this is too much work, an alternative would be to create string lists of these fields for all the tracks in the album or playlist so that we can build our own multi colum displays in the same way you do with the Squeezeserver driver.

PJG
There are some more fundamental things to deal with in the short term here, but I'll see what I can do in the 4.2 time frame for this.
Dean Roddey
OK, I've got the simplest kernel level test working and it's showing IPV4 and IPV6 addresses correctly for default local address and for the network card enumeration and their associated IP addresses. So that much is working correctly. And my default local IP is showing up as IPV6 now that I'm allowing them to be seen. So a step forward there. Now on to getting the socket layer working, then reversion of the ORB back to name based service advertising.
Dean Roddey
OK, all the CIDLib level tests are working and I've got CQC at least synactically updated so it's all compiling now. I'll start testing it out tomorrow, and hopefully should have it all working pretty well by the end of the day. I still have XP on my old DAW machine so I'll install CQC on that and on my Vista machine here so I can test in a multi-system, and mixed OS version and make sure everything still works on XP and whatnot.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

What about addition for parsing JSON array w/o known keys?

-p
I'll get that done as soon as I've got the system stable again with these IPV6 changes. It won't be a very good bargain to get the JSON stuff but have a flakey system. I should be able to get things straightened out by the end of the weekend and get a new drop up that will include the JSON parsing improvements.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 30 1,098 1 hour ago
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 34 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 15,344 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,046 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 47,638 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 5,495 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 129,050 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 6,842 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,243 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 6,991 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM