Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GenericIP
I started using this driver a few weeks ago for a few devices that i was controlling with IR and learned that they could be controlled with TCP commands(Roku box and Popcorn Hour A200).

At any rate, the driver works well except when I reboot the popcorn hour the connection seems to get lost until i recycle through the driver and/or restart the CQC service.

Is there a solution someone could offer to fix that?

Dean, Im pretty sure someone other that you wrote that driver(GenericIP), in fact, im having trouble locating where it was I found it, but do you think its something that could be fixed at the driver level?
So this is just some simple passthrough driver that just sends on out to the device whatever you send it? I did a generic serial one, which is called Generic Serial Passthrough. It wouldn't be too hard to do a TCP/IP version of that, so that we'd have official shipped generic serial and socket passthrough drivers.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:So this is just some simple passthrough driver that just sends on out to the device whatever you send it? I did a generic serial one, which is called Generic Serial Passthrough. It wouldn't be too hard to do a TCP/IP version of that.

Yep thats correct. Mykel Koblenz authored it and it works fine except for that glitch where a restart of my device causes a failure to reconnect until the driver is reinstalled - actually just running through the driver install wizard fixs it.
What does the driver's state show up as in the host admin dialog when it gets into this state?
Dean Roddey
It shows connected.
So it thinks it is working. What happens when you try to send a command? Does it do anything at all, given an error message, etc...?
Dean Roddey
The driver rejects the command
If you put the driver into verbose mode, does it log anything when this rejection occurs?
Dean Roddey
Try this one attached. It's an IP version of the generic serial one that I'd done before. This was done by eye, but it's pretty simple so it probably will work fine.

It works the same as the generic serial one, so for directions look at that guy's driver page:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/ExtCont...hrough.htm

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   GenericIPPassthrough.CQCDrvPack (Size: 4.21 KB / Downloads: 3)
Dean Roddey
Thanks for the driver dean.

Its still displaying the same behavior, however.

In the original driver i was getting, in the logs under high verbose, "a not connected to the socket error"

In your driver, i can actually see the driver disconnect in the admin interface when i click a button after a restart of my device and it will not recover until i run though the driver install wizard.

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLogFileSnap.Txt (Size: 19.21 KB / Downloads: 1)