Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting started with riva/ipad
sorry for the basic question but all the threads on this topic seem to be at a bit more of an expert level. i have a standard CQC IV client that i have been running for years on a samsung Q1 and wanted to determine how hard it would be to move to riva/ipad.

1. is there some kind of getting started guide i should read or video to watch? the remote viewer docs seem to be aimed at building a remote viewer and if i understand correctly this is what mountford has already done.

2. do i still build the interface in the interface editor or is there some other gui ide that i use?

3. Can i leverage any of the interface i have already built or do i start over to do this?

thanks,

greg
There are two RIVA docs. One is for writing RIVA clients. The other is for users of them. So make sure that you check that one out.

You do still build the interfaces in the Intf. Editor. You can take what you have and just adjust it for size/aspect ratio. You may also want to adjust it in some cases to make it lighter weight in terms of how many images are used and so forth.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
There is also this link for the IPhone/IPad client that Brian/Sam have setup...

http://www.mountford.net/cqcclient/usersguide.html
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
You should be able to follow the user's guide to use your existing templates. Since your Q1 is 800*480, they will not fill the whole ipad screen but will get you started.

big notable differences:
-web widgets won't work
-you can use gestures to trigger actions via the hotkey tab in the interface editor
-if you create a new user for your RIVA clients to use, the default password is 'welcome'
Thanks. I got it running in less than an hour. It only seems to connect once in a while. 4 bars of wifi but often when I open it I just get reconnecting...

I haven't decided if I will use it yet. Giving up my web widgets might be to big a price but it looks pretty nice and it is not slow at all. I'm curious if there is a way to scroll parts of the screen with gestures rather than the whole screen. That would create some very interesting possibilities.

Greg
It will also be a good thing to move up to the latest beta version, since there've been ongoing improvements in the communications and whatnot from my side.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I am using Riva on an Iphone with the same 800 x 480 as my touchscreen in the kitchen and office. I just installed it so I could easily adjust music etc. while outside by the pool. Not perfect, but I had standardized on that resolution a few years back and don't really want to rebuild my templates.

To get around the web widgets, I created a flag based on the user, so that it checks at startup whether it is a Riva client or not, then sets a global variable flag. The places where I used a web widget, I just put an if/then statement to display a web image instead. The two places I used web widgets were the weather radar and home security cams. On the Iphone, I now just get an image, which is for me, good enough.
i use my web widget as a preview that has a separate switcher from the one that runs the theater like the pic below (this is out of date but you get the idea). i am finding that i have switched gears a bit in how i use cqc so maybe a rearchitecture is in order. i think i will start a thread on this thought.

greg

[Image: cqcdtvjpg.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Basic RIVA Questions TurboSam 15 13,035 01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 11,681 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
  iPad Blank and Blanker setup issues Deane Johnson 1 4,231 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  How to get Ipad to refresh? Deane Johnson 1 4,132 11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
  What size template for iPad? Deane Johnson 2 4,294 11-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  New CQC user, trouble getting iPad to connect Deane Johnson 3 4,774 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Riva Client login credentials fail finish.06 2 5,589 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: finish.06
  CQC Remote now available for iPad brianmount 8 7,306 06-17-2014, 12:49 PM
  CQC Riva App Speed finish.06 2 3,795 06-09-2014, 05:01 AM
  new iPad, new problems - connection refused finish.06 2 3,467 06-09-2014, 05:00 AM