Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Driver Install
Downloaded Trial copy of CQC. During configuration of Clipsall C-Bus driver, on "Socket Configuration" screen what should I put into "Port #" and "Address" fields? Any help would be appreciated.
IV13 Wrote:Downloaded Trial copy of CQC. During configuration of Clipsall C-Bus driver, on "Socket Configuration" screen what should I put into "Port #" and "Address" fields? Any help would be appreciated.

Most of the C-Bus users are probably in bed down under right now I guess? So you might not get an answer until some of them wake up.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
It would appear that you are using the C-Bus C-Gate driver and not the driver that uses the PCI and serial port.

The C-Gate version as far as I know is still in development.

See this thread for info on port settings etc.
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...php?t=9391

You will need C-Gate running all the time for this driver to work, and changes to the C-Gate configuration may be required as the default settings only allow local access.

For simplicity the serial driver is slightly easier to use, but you do need a PCI, so if you dont have one then this driver will get you going.

The caveat for the serial driver is that it is only for one application, so if you have multiple appoications that you want to control via CQC, you will either need multiple PCI's or a PAC with logic to re-direct the command to another applicaiton.

Latest C-Bus serial driver is here
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...php?t=8520

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Thank you znelbok.
I do use C-Bus C-Gate driver but it's only one I was able to locate here.
I indeed have PCI and will plan on using C-Bus serial driver.

Quote:The caveat for the serial driver is that it is only for one application, so if you have multiple appoications that you want to control via CQC, you will either need multiple PCI's or a PAC with logic to re-direct the command to another applicaiton.

Do you mean C-Bus applications, like lighting, heating, irrigation...?

I'm planning to use C-Bus to control lighting only but want CQC to control other devices connected through other serial ports.
Was able to load serial driver but in "Driver Status" window " Waiting for Connect" and "Waiting for Comm Resource " messages keep cycling.
What can be wrong? Is this Win 7 (64 bit) problem?
Have you added the translate.txt and phantom.txt files
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Oops. My fault, thought these files were automatically created in specified directories during driver import.

Was able to connect to network.
Thanks for your patience.
Have a question.
What the purpose of "Phantom " file?
I noticed some strange behavior of the driver. If I use command line to ramp some lights to certain value, the state of the loads does not get updated and if I use "OffLine" command to reload driver it would report value of the load as 100% instead of real 80%.
The driver will get the groups that are allocated to output devices (relays and dimmers) automatically. If you have a group say for a PIR disable, the driver wont get that from the connect.

This is where the phantom file is used. So you would add the group address of your PIR disable in the pahntom.txt file (CSV file) and then in the translate.txt, you would give it a real world name.

So basically, any grouops that you want to use that are not on outputs, add them to the phantom.txt file.

What you are seeing when you re-load is as expected (unfortunately). I can't say why as I did not write the driver, but I wish it would update properly.
When you say command line do you mean the command field? If so, CQC should be updating properly to show the current group level.
e.g. lighting.command
KitchenMain 80% 12s

This will ramp the group KitchenMain to 80% over 12 second and the field lighitng.KitchenMain should have a value of 80.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC fresh install kfly 12 643 10-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Anyone try a multi-site HA install using a VPN? IVB 17 2,272 09-06-2017, 01:18 AM
Last Post: NightLight
  Monoprice 8x8 HDMI matrix Driver NightLight 13 873 09-04-2017, 09:45 AM
  ELK V2 Driver - AreaArm field & Triggers? sic0048 4 500 08-19-2017, 04:46 PM
  UPB Driver Issue tcmcgec 6 1,082 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  HAI OmniProII Driver problems MBurger 4 964 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM
  Onkyo NR646 and Universal Integra Driver? Sendero 6 1,188 10-31-2016, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Train HTTP Trigger Driver jkmonroe 24 4,325 10-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  ISY driver repeatedly losing connection Sendero 14 1,979 09-28-2016, 07:44 PM
  EventGhost alternatives to getting driver/field *TO* SmartPhone? IVB 37 2,867 08-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: IVB