Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client 1.6 Submitted to app store
RDP connection is a fine solution as long as the way to establish it is easy. The problem with most RDP connections is that they are not usually a one step process. So that can cause problems for non-technical people to use the setup.

For those people that are more technically minded, the RDP connection can be a great solution.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
So far, knock on wood, my RDP connection is just as easy to launch and just as stable with staying connected, and reconnecting, as RIVA. I am using iTAP RDP, which, so far, is pretty impressive. Setting it up is a bit complicated, but once done correctly, it passes the WAF test in my opinion (but, then again, I am not the Wife).
Not a knock on RIVA, by any means. Just that I really need faster loading of my movie images when browsing movie art, and, less importantly, I need a web widget. Both are supported in RDP. Could work around the web widget, but it is a nice plus. Another big downside to RDP was the limitation of one user session, whether live or RDP, in WinXP Professional, but the hack I just applied to enable multiple RDP sessions worked like a charm.
Mike
RDP and RIVA are very similar protocols, it's just that Microsoft has had a 10 year head start... Smile
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Mike - Just do not upgrade from XP as the hack ability is not available in newer versions of Windows. That is where RIVA comes in. If you are on Windows 7, there are several options for multiple sessions. RIVA is one of those. Other commercial products are available, but are costly.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
DaveB Wrote:Mike - Just do not upgrade from XP as the hack ability is not available in newer versions of Windows. That is where RIVA comes in. If you are on Windows 7, there are several options for multiple sessions. RIVA is one of those. Other commercial products are available, but are costly.

The hack is available on every version I have used. You just need to make sure to find the right one for your particular version of windows + service pack.

How to Enable Concurrent Sessions in Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Splashtop is good with the iPad, plus it doesn't log the user out.

John
Sam,

I'm seeing a couple of graphical oddities in the RIVA client.

1) I have several command buttons that are setup in a radio button style so that selecting one deselects any other. Selection is indicated by A different color for the border around the button, and for the button text. On the PC client, all works as expected. On the RIVA client, whenever another button is selected the new button correctly changes color, but the border of the original top button remains highlighted. It's worth noting that the load event of the template initially sets the top button as selected, so that may have something to do with it not going "off", although the first button text does correctly change color.

PC Client ........... iPad Client
[Image: 2mmxrps.jpg] [Image: 2eakzls.jpg]

2) I'm using a field progress bar widget for the level of a water cistern (despite the temp graphic of a thermometer). This also works fine on the PC client, but on the RIVA client part of the image and/or mask appears to be inverted.

PC Client ..................... iPad Client
[Image: 14dpow3.jpg] [Image: 2hoih5s.jpg]

Any thoughts?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is with v3.4.31 of CQC and v1.6 of the RIVA client.

Thanks.
I kind of like the inverted thermo. It has a sort of pop art appeal to it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
zpollock,

When you say it looks OK in the PC client, do you mean the regular non-RIVA interface, or an actual PC Riva client? I'm wondering which of the problems is due to RIVA itself, and which is due to bugs in my iPhone client. It wouldn't surprise me if the progress bar image inversion were a bug in my code, but the first problem sounds like it might be a RIVA server problem, since I don't know why I would be missing color changes like that.

Brian
Sorry, I meant the standard PC based non-RIVA client. I don't have any other RIVA clients in use other than yours to test against.

Whichever application the issue is in, it's worth noting that althought my buttons change the color of foreground1 and foreground2, only foreground2 (the border) "hangs up", so it would seem that it should be possible to compare the code for those two actions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 6 Plus Resolution jokermac 51 29,377 08-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Anyone want to take over the CQC iPhone apps? brianmount 46 28,103 06-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Lost my iPhone connectivity rtarver 0 3,095 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Basic RIVA Questions TurboSam 15 13,243 01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 11,898 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
  iPad Blank and Blanker setup issues Deane Johnson 1 4,320 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  How to get Ipad to refresh? Deane Johnson 1 4,224 11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
  What size template for iPad? Deane Johnson 2 4,391 11-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  New CQC user, trouble getting iPad to connect Deane Johnson 3 4,872 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Riva Client login credentials fail finish.06 2 5,656 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: finish.06