Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client 1.6 Submitted to app store
I too have a working RICA client again with version 1,9.

Thanks for getting it back up and running so quick.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Sorry for the delay but I needed to do some more testing. Here is what I know so far.

It works on wifi, but not on 3G and it works if the icons are already cached. So I guess we don't know for sure that it was a error caused by this particular version since I don't know when I cleared my cache.

If I make a template with just the two buttons (which have the same foreground bitmap, but not the same overlay bitmap) it works ok.

I took a sniffer trace of the broken overlay and the template with just the two buttons. When it doesn't work, I see the commands on 13516 go by and it stays connected and sends the keepalive packet over and over. On the 13517/image connection I see the RIVA client reset the connection near the end. On the good template the 13517 connection gets closed down gracefully with FINs, so there is something there that is causing the RIVA client to abort the connection and it hangs.

I will do a little more analysis on those traces and keep you posted.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Well, the resets don't really look to be the issue. It looks like the client tries to gracefully close the connection and isn't getting or ignoring the FIN ACKs from the server, so it resorts to a reset after two tries of graceful closes which the server replies to.

So it looks like there are 3 images missing when it hangs. And the client simply isn't requesting them. But closes the connection.

I have been able to get them on 3G on a subsequent disconnect/reconnect. Once they are cached everything is good. There is nothing exception about the images they are 2.8K, 999, 1.3K. Nothing weird in the names or path. There are 13 images total (including the missing 3).

EDIT: Ok i've got another problem, I have a button I hit to change floorplans of a sub-overlay. When I hit that the overlay gets drawn all big, like bigger than the screen. From then on stuff is getting drawn all over the place. It's a total mess.

Can we please get a rollback to what you had 2 versions ago! Go back to the compiler you were using before or whatever. I doubt anyone is using IOS 3.x. I am going to try the rollback solution above. I'm sorry guys I can't work with this...
Wuench

wuench Wrote:Can we please get a rollback to what you had 2 versions ago! Go back to the compiler you were using before or whatever. I doubt anyone is using IOS 3.x. I am going to try the rollback solution above. I'm sorry guys I can't work with this...

I have one touch 2 that is at 3.1.x but I need to update it anyway. Do you guys have metrics on how many 3.x devices are using the CQC iOS application?

-Ben
I am having an issue with icons not drawing on screen and a background missing. Works fine (screens dra all icons/backgrounds) on Wi-Fi, but not on 3G. Haven't had a lot of time to troubleshoot or search but thought I would post as it sounds similar to another reported issue., I did clear the cache with no change. Iphone 3GS, Ios 4.3. I was thinking it was something with my setup, but it may have started 2 versions ago. I have got into the bad habit of upgrading all my apps at the same time so likely got a RIVA app update I wasn't aware of.
I can't really go back to the old version, because I upgraded my development environment, and if I un-upgrade it, I don't think I'll be allowed to submit apps for OS 5 any more. I'm going to take two approaches. First, I have submitted a new version in which compiler optimization is turned off. It seems like the optimization setting has some effect on program behavior, which is not good, and means that either the compiler is doing something wrong or I have written dangerous code, but it's hard to know which. As you know, it'll take a while for the application to be approved by Apple, and even longer than normal this time, because they apparently shut down for a week from the 22nd through the 29th.

Secondly, if there's a way I can see the problem in action, I should be able to track down the culprit. If one of you can create a copy of the problematic template on your system where none of the buttons do anything (so I can't mess anything up), and set me up with an account to log in and use it, I will fire up the debugger and figure out what's happening. Thanks.
Well, the "image timeout issue" is exhibited in the old version as well. But my template overlays don't blow up when they change.

I'll try to create some demo templates and see if I can recreate the issue with them. But it is a lot of work so it will take some time. It's not as simple as stripping all the commands, some commands are interface related and some are not, so I have to go through every object...

You really should think about putting some logging/debugging in the product and also add an about page so you can see the version. I can't find that anywhere. I know Apple doesn't like you writing stuff to flash but if I were you I would add the logging. Dean doesn't like that I do that in my drivers either but I do it anyway... Smile
Wuench

Brian P.M. sent with details on how to access my system.

I am seeing the 3 missing icons info sent on the 13516 connection but not being requested by the client on the 13517. It is doing it on wifi and 3g but at one point I was sitting there and had let it go and around 15 mins later the screen flashed and all the icons showed up. Maybe a reconnect of some sort. Disconnected/reconnected multiple times with no joy.

Since I can't quite get back to a fully populated initial template yet I can't tell if the "Blowup" issue happens on the demo system.
Wuench

I will take a look at what might be going wrong. At the same time, Apple has happily approved my new version of the app after only a few days. They're working hard to get everything out the door before they leave for the holidays I guess. Can those of you for whom the existing version doesn't work try downloading the new version 2.0 to see if it helps matters? Thanks.
Wuench, I connected to your server, and seemed to be able to cycle through Upstairs, Downstairs and outside, and see the icons that you were not able to download. So I'm hoping that maybe your problem has been fixed. Let me know what you find.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 6 Plus Resolution jokermac 51 29,370 08-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Anyone want to take over the CQC iPhone apps? brianmount 46 28,099 06-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Lost my iPhone connectivity rtarver 0 3,094 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Basic RIVA Questions TurboSam 15 13,236 01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 11,896 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
  iPad Blank and Blanker setup issues Deane Johnson 1 4,319 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  How to get Ipad to refresh? Deane Johnson 1 4,224 11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
  What size template for iPad? Deane Johnson 2 4,390 11-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  New CQC user, trouble getting iPad to connect Deane Johnson 3 4,872 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Riva Client login credentials fail finish.06 2 5,656 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: finish.06