Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XBMC Driver
thanks for the effort, it is appreciated.

I'm wondering if you've been able figure out how to go directly to a movie or music screen, in order to allow a couple of people to see the screen and pick the movie and see xbmc's flashy gui's.
I'm not sure all of the commands but one keystroke I believe is 'ctrl+m' for movies. I know eventghost was able to do it, but I can't figure out what command they used in the driver.

also, as for connecting to the database: while a mysql db could be put somewhere on the network and xbmc get it's info from that; that's pretty inconvenient. I'm sure that the future will hold a plex type of media server that hopefully we can talk to.
You should be able to jump to a particular screen by using SendKey. You can look in the keyboard.xml for the key to send. SendKey doesn't support CTRL/SHIFT/ALT so if that is what is used by default in keyboard.xml you'll need to remap a single key to that action there. You can use function or other non-used keys.

As far as media repository stuff, only Dean can do that so no matter how XBMC stores the info, it isn't possible for me to access it. I use MyMovies as my repo. I use ISO's and I go in and point MyMovies to the particular file. Then retrieve that in the repo and pass it to playfile in the XBMC driver.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
i was thinking more along the lines of a xbmc.activatewindow() type of command. that way we could avoid having to make people edit their keymap in the future.
When you were working on this did you happen to see if this had been implemented into json?

I haven't even touched cqc's media repository stuff yet, so maybe i won't comment anymore on it until i know what i'm talking about.
There's no current way to do that in JSON. There may be a way using the HTTP interface but that likely won't be around in the next XBMC version.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:The XBMC driver can't access the XBMC database directly as a CQC repository. So for a movie repository I am using MyMovies. All of my movies are ISO's so I have MyMovies pointing to them by filename (vs. folder). To play I just retrieve the file location from MyMovies and pass that to the XBMC driver via Video_PlayFile. The templates also will play DVD's in my DVD changer if that is where the movie is located.

Code:
GlobalVars::SetVariable(GVar:MovieInfo_Filename, %(MediaRTV:LocInfo))
Devices::FieldWrite(XBMC.VideoPlayer_PlayFile, %(GVar:MovieInfo_Filename), True)

I use AVI for all my movies so its similar in setup to what you have, but I don't get the LocInfo to return a file only a folder.

What are you changing in the MyMovies setup to point or return the actual filename as opposed to the folder location.

Also, I get \<server>\<folder> - note the single \ at the start. Is the driver compensating for this or do we need to prepend a \ to the start of the variable being passed
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
If you want mymovies to Point to a file rather than a folder you need to start collection management and change the location there.
potts.mike Wrote:If you want mymovies to Point to a file rather than a folder you need to start collection management and change the location there.

Yeh, there's a 'discs' button I think it is, and in there you select a location type, either folder or file, and then select the folder or file. That will control what it hands out to CQC.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
DO I have to do every entry manually and set them to file and then find the file?

When I do do this the folder monitoring finds the folder and I end up with two entries in the database.

i hope I don't need to turn off folder monitoring!

I have almost 400 titles - crap that's going to take forever.

If I have to edit them all, the disc title there is often Disc 1, and this when CQC loads the title it gets <title> - <disc name>. If both match CQC will only show <title> otherwise it shows both. Is there anyway to make the disc name match the title?

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
As long as you are very consistent, and what's under each directory is always the same for a given type of media, and you correctly set the media type indicator, then you can have your own action that starts the media playing add the correct extra bit to it.

But if it's not completely consistent what ends up under the directory that MyMovies adds automatically or if it is but you don't get the media type correctly set in all cases, you won't know what to add to the basic path to create the full path to the file that needs to be invoked.

So, ultimately, it always is going to come down to either providing very consistent partial info that you can automatically extend, or providing the full info.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I feared as much. Because there is other data that needs to be changed I think I will use excel to make all the changes - More powerful for consistent changes.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony Bravia TV Driver znelbok 12 775 06-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 5 265 05-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Pushbullet Driver whozeawhat 1 192 05-13-2018, 07:27 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 14 6,931 02-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: batwater
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 9 900 01-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  SNMP Driver wuench 115 262,532 01-01-2018, 05:18 PM
  CBUS CGate Driver martinmcc 46 16,601 12-18-2017, 01:19 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Samsung SmartTV driver? sic0048 3 648 12-17-2017, 11:51 AM
  Vantage Controls Driver for Infusion System KenC 3 1,500 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM
  Another SMS Driver - SMS Global, one for everyone else znelbok 21 7,416 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok