XBMC Driver
[Image: xbmc-lettering.png]

Version Info
Version 0.4 - Supports XBMC 10/Dharma
Version 1.0 - Supports XBMC 11/Eden
Version 1.1 - Fixed Appctrl reconnect issue, LiveTV Action Added
Version 1.2 - Made AppCtrl Optional
Version 1.3 - Fixed parsing issue with Aspect Ratio, Added User Action Events
Version 1.4 - Support for XBMC12/Frodo, Audiostreams, Subtitles, SendText, PVR Support.
Version 1.5 - Fix In/Out issue with CQC 4.2.906+
Version 1.6 - Fixed Version Warning for Frodo, Fixed CurSpeed/PBPercent
Version 1.7 - Lowered Log Level when Not Connected, Get/Play XBMC Playlists
Version 1.8 - Fixed issues introduced in CQC 4.3.919, Thumb/Fanart update/events only on change
Version 1.9 - Disabled Connected/Disconnected Events

Description:

This driver controls the open source media center software XBMC. There are two versions of the driver available, one supporting the CQC App Control functionality (Windows based systems) and one that does not. See the updated driver doc (attached) for more info.

XBMC Configuration

In order for the driver to connect to XBMC, external access needs to be enabled and the web server needs to not use any username and password. This is configured as follows in XBMC 12:

Web Server Configuration - Under Settings..Services...Web Server,
  • Enable "Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP"
  • Clear Username
  • Clear Password
Allow External Control - Under Settings...Services...Remote Control
  • Enable "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"

Driver Configuration Details

When installing the driver you will be prompted for:
  • XBMC Server - The name/ip address of the XBMC server, the TCP port (default 9090). This port should stay 9090 in most cases (it can't be changed in the XBMC GUI), this is NOT the same web server port. This port can be changed in the AdvancedSettings.xml file. NOTE: Logitech Squeeze Server uses port 9090 also, you will need to change the port to run both on the same machine.
  • Web Server port (default 8080) - The driver does not actually connect to the Web Server, but uses the port info to build URLs for the CurThumb and CurFanart fields. This is the port listed under the XBMC...Settings...Services...Web Server screen.
  • Music Repository - This is the CQC Media Repository that you would like to use to access Music files.
  • Movie Repository - This is the CQC Media Repository that you would like to use to access Movie files.
  • File Protocols - These are the default protocols to use for mapping file URLs. This should match the file access you use for the respective XBMC sources. (Default SMB).
  • App Control - This is the instance of the app control server you would like to connect to as well as the file path to XBMC. This is only prompted for if you are installing the App Control version of the driver and allows you to launch/exit XBMC via CQC's App Control.

Troubleshooting:
If possible please post a debug log of your issue if you are experiencing problems. To create a debug log, set the DebugMode field to True while the problem is occurring. This will create a log file on the machine running the driver under Program Files\CQC\CQCData\MacroFileRoot\Logs. Then zip the file and post it with your problem.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   XBMC_1_9_AppCtrl.CQCDrvPack (Size: 40.44 KB / Downloads: 6)
.cqcdrvpack   XBMC_1_9_NoAppCtrl.CQCDrvPack (Size: 40.26 KB / Downloads: 11)
.html   XBMC.html (Size: 44.66 KB / Downloads: 88)
.zip   XBMC_1_9_Source_Files.zip (Size: 42.95 KB / Downloads: 6)
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Here are some template examples. I am using web image widgets to display the thumbnail and fanarts images provided by the driver. These are designed to work with the new XBMC 12.0 (Frodo) Driver.

In each template there is a in the [Preload] that you will need to change if your monikers are not named 'XBMC' and 'MyMovies_Repo', as well as a couple of states. The power button is used with the AppControl version of the driver.

Code:
[OnPreload]
   GlobalVars::SetVariable(GVar:XBMCDrv, XBMC)
   GlobalVars::SetVariable(GVar:MovieRepoDrv, MyMovies_Repo)

XBMC Overlay
[Image: normal_XBMCControl.png]

Movie Details Popup
[Image: normal_MovieInfo~0.png]

Audio Stream Selection
The driver allows you to discretely select the audio stream for the movie, on top of the old next/previous method.
[Image: normal_AudioTracks.png]

Subtitle Selection
Discrete subtitle selection is also available.
[Image: normal_Subtitles.png]

Movie Selection
This is the MyMovies based repo, setup to work with XBMC, with Search, Genre Selection, etc.
[Image: normal_Movies.png]

Movie Repo Info
This is the movie info dialog, used with the MyMovies Repo....
[Image: normal_MovieDetails.png]

Templates Created in CQC 4.2.906

Attached Files
.zip   XBMC Overlays.zip (Size: 45.41 KB / Downloads: 61)
.zip   XBMC Popups.zip (Size: 190.78 KB / Downloads: 42)
Wuench

Reserved for future info...
Wuench

Just loaded 10.1 now.

Two questions.
Where do you change/set the IP address in xbmc now?
I did not use the freaks install and now hdmi audio is not working. Gotta work that out as well - any clues.

Will let you know how the driver goes with it.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Do you mean the port? Settings...Network...Services. The driver will use the default port of 8080. I don't know of any IP address settings, are you using a live version or something?

To get my HDMI audio working I just had to set Settings...System...Audio Output...Audio Output to HDMI and then set Audio Output Device to use the DIRECTSOUND:...NVIDIA driver.
Wuench

No I meant the IP address. I can't for the life of me find where to change the IP from DHCP to static. I can find the current address assigned to it, but that is not good enough obviously.

As for the audio, it was set to DD and the TV did not handle DD. The TV is is normally on does and that is why it had me stumped. I dont get menu sounds though, prior to the upgrade, I got a click when I navigated through the menus.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The enter does not work for me
xbmc.Action_Cmds: Enter

Not sure why, the other navigation buttons are fine.

I have to create a repository to test initiating a file to play

Also, there is no Play in the above transport controls

When the screen dims after a timeout, the nav buttons do not bring it back up to full "brightness". As soon as I use the keyboard it comes up.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:The enter does not work for me
xbmc.Action_Cmds: Enter

Not sure why, the other navigation buttons are fine.

I have to create a repository to test initiating a file to play

Also, there is no Play in the above transport controls

When the screen dims after a timeout, the nav buttons do not bring it back up to full "brightness". As soon as I use the keyboard it comes up.

Mick

Try Select, instead of Enter. I am not sure what all these action commands do yet. That is part of the problem with XBMC, there are too many options, and a lot of redundancy. I think Enter may be for dialogs. There are also too many Back/ParentDir/etc and Menu options IMHO. It is very confusing.

For Play use Video_Cmds..Pause. I should probably rename that one PlayPause or something.

I don't know about the whole Dim thing. I recently found the SendKey HTTP command and that seems to access the interface at a higher level. I am playing with that now. It acts like the keyboard processing through the keymap.xml and allows sounds, etc. So I think that may be a better option for control.
Wuench

Ok, I updated version 0.2 of the driver and updated the templates in the second post. This version now has the SendKey and SendKeyCode fields which allow control like the keyboard. This preserves the sound effects, and functionality can be added/removed/remapped in the keymap.xml file. That should hopefully be more intuitive than accessing the Actions directly.
Wuench

I'm an XBMC newb, so I'm probably doing something wrong. I downloaded 10.1 today, I'm on CQC 3.3.6. It keeps losing comm resource, and I have no idea what the log file means.... Any help would be appreciated.

04/08 20:24:00-i5, CQCServer, CQCDrv_XMCBTheater_Thread4
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_MEngErrHandler.cpp.152, Status/App Status
MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.EvalJSON([In] MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.JSONCmds eCmd) Returns MEng.Boolean
MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.SendPost([In] MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.JSONCmds eCmd,[In] MEng.String strParm) Returns MEng.Boolean
MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.Connect() Returns MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCDriverBase.CommResults

}
{
CIDMacroEng, CIDMacroEng_MethodImpl.cpp.878, Failed/App Status
An exception was thrown from method MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.EvalJSON
}
{
An exception was thrown from method MEng.User.CQC.Drivers.XBMC.DriverImpl.SendPost
}
04/08 20:24:10-i5, CQCServer, CQCDrv_XMCBTheater_Thread4
{
An exception was thrown from method MEng.Time.ctor2_MEng.Time
}
{
CIDLib, CIDLib_Time.cpp.937, Failed/Unknown, Error: 4003/0/0
0 is not a valid TTime::ESpecialTimes value
}
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_MEngErrHandler.cpp.69, Status/App Status
A C++ exception occured during macro execution
}
{
CIDLib, CIDLib_Time.cpp.937, Failed/Unknown, Error: 4003/0/0
0 is not a valid TTime::ESpecialTimes value
}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 9 3,862 10-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  IMAP Email Driver whozeawhat 11 1,671 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Which JVC Projector Driver indygreg 29 5,119 05-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 101 20,323 05-02-2017, 09:38 AM
  SageTV Player V2 Driver chmilar 6 1,329 04-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: chmilar
  SageTV Driver George M 16 2,520 02-16-2017, 07:10 PM
  ADA Suite 16 driver assistance zane 3 1,136 01-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: zane
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 696 116,025 01-06-2017, 05:34 PM
  Need some help with developing a driver adamalli 11 2,161 01-02-2017, 07:00 AM
  Datanab Driver v1.0+ Updates beelzerob 29 7,824 01-02-2017, 06:46 AM
Last Post: indygreg