My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:Maybe we need to write a vacation how-to:

1.) Put down the keyboard
2.) Pick up drink
3.) Chug
4.) Repeat starting with 2
Doesn't this create a do loop without an exit? Not a bad idea mind you, endless vacation, but somehow you need to get them not to cut off the tap. I guess it all ends up being the same in the end bit living in Italy sounds like a vacation already.
Les
I got a Verizon iPhone 4 today. I can't get the iOS RIVA client to work.

It is working fine on the wife's iPhone 3GS and the older 3g we use basically as an iPod Touch.

I can see part of the interface, but it will not scroll to the right to see the rest. On high-res mode, you can see the whole screen but the buttons are way too small.

I've tried every combination of settings I can think of. Anyone else get an iPhone 4 working?
wuench Wrote:Maybe we need to write a vacation how-to:

1.) Put down the keyboard
2.) Pick up drink
3.) Chug

Problem is, I am on vacation at an Ayurvedic health resort in India. Lots of yoga and walks inside the walled grounds, but no alcohol and less than 800 calories a day. Take away the keyboard and I really will lose touch with reality.

PJG
AceCannon Wrote:I got a Verizon iPhone 4 today. I can't get the iOS RIVA client to work.

It is working fine on the wife's iPhone 3GS and the older 3g we use basically as an iPod Touch.

I can see part of the interface, but it will not scroll to the right to see the rest. On high-res mode, you can see the whole screen but the buttons are way too small.

I've tried every combination of settings I can think of. Anyone else get an iPhone 4 working?

Got my mates iphone 4 going. He has pudgy fingers and the buttons were too small in high res mode so we left it off and the buttons are a much better size. I built the screens at 3GS resolution and they look fine.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:Got my mates iphone 4 going. He has pudgy fingers and the buttons were too small in high res mode so we left it off and the buttons are a much better size. I built the screens at 3GS resolution and they look fine.

Mick

On the 3gs and 3, we have been using the same interface screens we were using on the Samsung Q1Ultra (so, that means the screens are bigger than the iPhone's screen and must be scrolled to see everything. But that works really well, actually). On the iPhone4, the screens will not scroll as they do on the older iPhones. I can see the very edge of what should appear when I scroll to the right and down, but it will not actually scroll.

On hi-res mode, the whole interface is visible. . . but they were not designed for that small of a physical screen so that won't work unless I make all new screens. So something in the iPhone 4 is different enough to kill the scrolling functionality that works fine in the 3gs and 3.
Couple things:
1) Have you tried the various 'scroll' settings in the options? I think you want 'On'.

2) what res are the templates? it's possible they are too big under the low-res setting (each dimension doubled) and capped by how much memory we can allocate...
The way the "retina display" of the iPhone 4 works, is that it still considers the screen 320x480 for most things, but using graphics with double the width and height. So that can definitely make things tricky... Wink
Field Generator 0.65: Create CQC fields on the fly, from external applications.
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
TaRIVA 1.26: Android RIVA client.
SamVimes2 Wrote:Couple things:
1) Have you tried the various 'scroll' settings in the options? I think you want 'On'.

2) what res are the templates? it's possible they are too big under the low-res setting (each dimension doubled) and capped by how much memory we can allocate...

The templates are 1024x600. I've tried all the scroll settings without success.

Maybe I understand. The same templates I use successfully on the 3gs require much more memory to display on the iPhone 4?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 6 Plus Resolution jokermac 51 28,665 08-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Anyone want to take over the CQC iPhone apps? brianmount 46 27,440 06-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Lost my iPhone connectivity rtarver 0 2,992 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Basic RIVA Questions TurboSam 15 12,936 01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 11,586 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
  iPad Blank and Blanker setup issues Deane Johnson 1 4,203 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  How to get Ipad to refresh? Deane Johnson 1 4,108 11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
  What size template for iPad? Deane Johnson 2 4,259 11-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  New CQC user, trouble getting iPad to connect Deane Johnson 3 4,731 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Riva Client login credentials fail finish.06 2 5,557 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: finish.06