Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To - Configure MyMovies Driver on Windows 7 x64
I decided to write this quick how to because the information necessary to configure the My Movies Driver on a Win7x64 system is non-intuitive and documented across multiple threads.

It would be nice if we could get this info into the MyMovies Driver HTML page at some point...

Tested with CQC 3.4.6, MyMovies Driver 0.5 (Release), MyMovies 3.19 (PreRelease 3)

Installation Steps

Configure 32-bit Data Source
  • Go to Run and launch 32-bit ODBC C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
  • Select the System DSN Tab... Click Add Button
  • Select SQL Server Driver... Click Finish
  • In Create a New Data Source dialog enter the following
    -Name: MyMoviesDSN (Or whatever you want)
    -Description: MyMoviesDSN (Or whatever you want)
    -Server:<SYSTEM>\MYMOVIES (<SYSTEM> is you computer name)
    Click Next Button
  • How Should SQL Server Verify the Authenticity of the login ID.. click Next
  • Check "Change the Default Database To" and select "My Movies".. click Next
  • On next screen..click Finish

Configure CQC My Movies Driver
  • In CQC Admin Interface add the My Movies Repository driver
  • Enter whatever Moniker you want... click Continue
  • Select the MyMovies DSN you created above MyMoviesDSN (SQL Server)... click Continue
  • For the image path enter C:\ProgramData\My Movies\FileStorage\Covers click Continue
  • Summary of Options... click Continue
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
this was very helpful, thanks wuench!

I just wanted to point out, if you're installing the MyMovies driver on a different machine than that running the Sql Server instance used by My Movies, you won't be able to set the default database to "My Movies" as described. And without setting the default database, the MyMovies driver won't work.

This was an issue that came up a few times in older forum postings, and the solution that worked for me was there too (but also hard to find).

In the end, instead of using the (default) NTLM option for authentication, i ended up using the SQL server credentials for the My Movies database (you can find the correct values by Googling it, it's the same for all My Movies DBs apparently). Once i did that, I had the correct option for setting the default database.

HTH
Yeh, you should definitely use the SQL Server authentication since that's what the driver uses to log in. Keep in mind that the driver won't be running in your user account, so your windows rights as a user don't really come into play.

I missed this one earlier, but I'll get this info into the driver page.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Hey, I was just getting my customer service database moved over to the new 64 bit machine, and I had to create a User DSN in order to connect. The instructions above indicate a System DSN.
Dean Roddey
Mine is definitely a System DSN.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Maybe it's because this program is a client side program, not running in a service or something. I should go through and update these to have an option to use a connection string, since our ODBC stuff supports that now.
Dean Roddey
Does the above work for windows Server Essentials, as well? I am having some trouble; there is no data source listed when I try to create the driver.

EDIT: After a reboot of the server, the source appeared. But now there seems to be an architecture mismatch. Of note, I could not select the "MyMovies" database in the step where the default database is selected.

09/05 14:47:49-SERVER, CQCServer, CQCDrv_MyMoviesThread14
{
CIDDBase, CIDDBase_Connection.cpp.220, Failed/Cannot Do, Error: 2003/65535/0
Failed to connect to SQL source 'MyMovies'
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application
<CQCServer> MyMoviesRepoS_DriverImpl.cpp - 614

}
{
CQCMedia, MyMoviesRepoS_DriverImpl.cpp.621, Status/App Status
Could not find message
}
{
CQCMedia, MyMoviesRepoS_DriverImpl.cpp.234, Status/App Status
The repository file MyMovies was not found
}
09/05 14:47:54-SERVER, CQCServer, CQCDrv_MyMoviesThread14
{
CQCKit, CQCDriver_DriverBase.cpp.3448, Status/App Status
Driver 'MyMovies' is trying to load its configuration
}
Best regards,

Mark

CQC, SageTV, Z-Wave, SqueezeStuff, Arcam, Oppo
Did you try both 32 and 64 bit variations and system and user variations? I don't know which one would be appropriate for that version of the OS, but one of them probably is.
Dean Roddey
js19707 Wrote:this was very helpful, thanks wuench!

I just wanted to point out, if you're installing the MyMovies driver on a different machine than that running the Sql Server instance used by My Movies, you won't be able to set the default database to "My Movies" as described. And without setting the default database, the MyMovies driver won't work.

This was an issue that came up a few times in older forum postings, and the solution that worked for me was there too (but also hard to find).

In the end, instead of using the (default) NTLM option for authentication, i ended up using the SQL server credentials for the My Movies database (you can find the correct values by Googling it, it's the same for all My Movies DBs apparently). Once i did that, I had the correct option for setting the default database.

HTH

This may be a solution for me as I couldn't connect to MyMovies server installed on my WHS 2011 from a client that actually scanned the movie info (Server is not where I can conveniently scan discs). My CQC Server is on my WHS 2011 box and couldn't get the SQL Server instance to install there. I finally gave up, but perhaps this is a ray of hope.

So, let me understand the setup. You have MyMovies collection management on one PC and the driver instance is on yet another PC? Would it be possible to outline the steps you used to do this? For example, was there a specific path to the the SQL instance that had to be used to find the PC running the SQL database?

Any info here would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Bugman
What's preventing you from just installing the driver on the WHS box? That would solve the problems and would be more efficient since it doesn't have to do the database access remotely.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Configure SmartThings as Primary ZWave Controller batwater 1 2,802 05-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  How to diagnose a runaway driver issue Dean Roddey 4 4,824 05-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Last Post: DaveAlvarado
  How to get the DataLogdb driver up and running Zanthic 20 18,943 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  How To: Logitech Squeeze Center Driver jkish 328 63,080 12-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Last Post: gacevich
  Integrating Mymovies and Sage into CQC Ron Haley 4 10,321 11-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Last Post: radiopaque
  How to setup the Weather Channel data feed driver. beelzerob 3 12,454 05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Get Album Art Working with J. River Repository Driver Squiddy 0 5,682 11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Squiddy