Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Phone Client - whats the option here
I'll be the first to ask...

What is it going to take to get an IV on a windows phone. Since they have just been released, I dont think that many will know the answer, but it would be great for one of the clever programmers out there to jump on it early and get an app out there.

Mick
I took a look when the platform first was announced; It would be relatively simple to take the existing RIVA .Net reference implementation and move it to the WinPhone since the environment is Silverlight/.Net; I didn't pursue the implementation once I realized that the OS is single tasking and that any navigation away from the control screen would result in termination of the app. I view that as unacceptable for a RIVA app since you would always bounce back to the home screen.

But if someone wants to try there is source code still freely available in the .Net thread for RIVA.

[Edit] Coincidentally, a blog post that will help is http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2...one-7.aspx
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:I didn't pursue the implementation once I realized that the OS is single tasking and that any navigation away from the control screen would result in termination of the app. I view that as unacceptable for a RIVA app since you would always bounce back to the home screen.

So far the other two RIVA apps have the same problem. I think you are going to have to assume that mobile platforms are not going to keep their radios on 100% of the time. Also mobile networks are not reliable, TCP connections are going to get dropped and timeout.

To cope with these issues you need consider adapting the RIVA protocol to maintain session state across multiple TCP connections for a time period.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I was just wondering if anyone ever got a CQC windows phone app working? Right now I am just RDPing in to use it. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows Phone Support jokermac 3 3,353 03-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: dgage
  .Net RIVA Client Dean Roddey 146 41,102 02-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  web client (html/ajax) bjkiller 9 4,937 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Java based RIVA Client? batwater 10 6,769 04-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Last Post: wuench
  XML gateway client in 3.0.6 RobWalker 4 4,071 12-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega