Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 4.0 Beta Discussion Thread
TTS is the reason I have not converted my last computer to Win7. Master Server is still running on XP for that reason only.
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:TTS is the reason I have not converted my last computer to Win7. Master Server is still running on XP for that reason only.

Same here.
I think your on the right track.
Website: Dean, there's no clear way to get to the supported devices list from the front page (you actually have to go through "CML Runtime" to get there. Most new people won't figure that out.

Also, I don't see the Brultech driver listed anywhere...I assume the category would be Miscellaneous, and it's not there.
Right now all of them just bring up the little offline web site. That'll go away at some point. For now it's good enough. Hopefully they'll see the links to the other stuff. But since it's the old frame based stuff, there's no way to go a particular page.

On the Brultech, it doesn't seem to be there, and it's not in my directory of driver docs I need to do. So, if you sent me the docs, it must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Can you send it to me again? And I don't see it in the official list o' drivers in the release either. So maybe I just completely failed to get it processed altogether. If you can send it to me again, I'll get it in the 3.4.2 release here in a day or so probably.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Well, I don't mean the PAGE it brings up...I just mean there's not even a link on the main page that would indicate to anyone "click on me if you want to see the supported devices". Newbies aren't going to care about CML docs...only veterans. So, if given a choice, I'd think it'd be better to have the link be "Supported Devices" that opens up the other web page, and us CML junkies will know to go there to get our fix. Better to confuse us veterans than a new visitor.
Oh, sorry. I was originally going to move the devides stuff into the main web site, then bailed due to time constraints and failed to add a link for that. I'll do that.
Dean Roddey
I've put up a 3.4.2. This isn't a beta, just some fixes which, if no one has any issues with it, I'll make the new formal release version. The changes are:
  • The bulk loader is checking image paths for Alpha, instead of AlphaNum, so image names with numbers will get rejected.
  • The installer code that generates the command file to set up the CQC Command Prompt is setting the system id after another line that actually uses it. This causes some command line utilities to croak.
  • Increasing the scaling of the system font causes calculation underflow problems in the scroll bar control when they create scroll bars initially zero sized.
  • Add the Precon Humidity Sensor driver to the system.
  • Add the Yamaha Aventage A-1000 driver.
  • There's an error in the XML parser where if you get an anchor for the root note, it will fail because the anchor is not being set up correctly in that case. This will cause an unknown exception at the CML level.
  • The bulk loader fails if there's not at least one blank line at the end of the configuration file.

You can get it at:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._3_4_2.Zip
Dean Roddey
Suggestion:

Server pushes client configuration information to client.

Installed client is sort of a "boot loader" which expects information from server which the client uses to "construct" the screens to display.

The server can push different configurations based on the host name of the client (or some other naming scheme).

Server can publish a web page where the client can be downloaded and installed.

I know this is a bare bones description but this approach makes updating clients a simple matter of creating/editing the client screens, which are stored on the server and then they are pushed to each client the next time that client connects. No need to go to client locations to install anything once the basic client is in place.
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
Dean Roddey Wrote:[*]Increasing the scaling of the system font causes calculation underflow problems in the scroll bar control when they create scroll bars initially zero sized.
I can confirm that this fixed the issue for the Driver editor.

Not sure if it's a side effect, but the installer had no OK/next button, so I couldn't install with a mouse. Good thing that I could just press ENTER on the keyboard to proceed, talk about blind faith... Wink
Field Generator 0.65: Create CQC fields on the fly, from external applications.
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
TaRIVA 1.26: Android RIVA client.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,418 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,299 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,112 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,898 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,586 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,797 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 196,387 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,444 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 488,968 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,266 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM