Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DirecTV Set Top Box (Ethernet)
What do you get back if you hit that URL with your browser? http://10.10.10.120:8080/info/getVersion . Also what version of CQC are you on?
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Upgrading to CQC 3.4.4 surfaced a buffer overrun bug in the driver code. I have posted a new version (1.1) that fixes this.
Wuench

wuench Wrote:What do you get back if you hit that URL with your browser? http://10.10.10.120:8080/info/getVersion . Also what version of CQC are you on?
{
"status": {
"code": 200,
"msg": "OK",
"query": "/info/getVersion"
},
"version": "1.0"
}
CQC Version 2.4.2
Oh, wait. I think that other side closed down normally error was a bug in CQC way back. It didn't like when the other side terminated the connection on an HTTP response, which the DTV box is doing. But you are running the same commandversion I tested with and getting the correct response back, so that all looks ok.

So you may need to upgrade CQC and make sure you upgrade to the 1.1 version of the driver.
Wuench

I upgraded to 3.4.4 and installed 1.1 nd the driver is losing connection.

SendGet:Exception 0 - The socket is not currently connected, Url=http://192.168.1.90:8080/tv/gettuned Ignore

Max Failures Reached, Reconnecting

This keeps repeating.
And when you go into the admin console, click Administer Server Drivers, and select the loaded driver and then click the Driver Info button it says version 1.1 there?

Just making sure because that is the 1.0 behavior...
Wuench

wuench Wrote:And when you go into the admin console, click Administer Server Drivers, and select the loaded driver and then click the Driver Info button it says version 1.1 there?

Just making sure because that is the 1.0 behavior...

Yes it is 1.1. I remove the old driver from the cqc folder and install the new one. It seems to be working now. Thanks
I spoke to soon. I change the channel a couple of times and now it losing connection again.
Hey, there's a goober in the driver that the CML engine isn't catching so it's throwing a C++ exception and therefore you might not have seen it. This is preventing me from moving forward in my debugging for the moment. I'll update the XML string class to correctly catch this problem. It's in the GetParm method:

Code:
strRawVal.ExtractUpTo(0,Char.kLF,strRawVal);

It's trying to extract from itself into itself, which isn't legal, and this causes an exception. Not sure if it explains any other possible issues.

BTW, looking at that code, and the data returned. It seems to be line oriented. Wouldn't it be simpler to just use a stream and read lines at a time and just strip leading/trailng space from them, rather than searching through the whole text?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
OK, i'll fix that.

I am not sure I get your meaning about the stream stuff. The problem I was having was the parameter name may appear multiple times in a response, so I needed to make sure it picked up the correct one in a partitular JSON group and not just trigger on the first occurance of a parameter name. Would have been easier if they had just made all the parameter names unique.
Wuench

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Control Internet TVs with ethernet port bryanb 3 2,673 04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  DIRECTV GenII Enhancements ToyMaster458 175 26,064 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Last Post: George M