Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DirecTV Set Top Box (Ethernet)
DirecTV Set Top Box (Ethernet) Driver
Version 1.6
Requires CQC Version 3.4.6+

Description:

This driver controls DirecTV set top boxes via the HTTP SHEF interface. To determine if your box is supported open a web browser to [COLOR="Blue"]http://<yourDTVBox>:8080/info/getOptions.
[/COLOR]
The driver allows control of the DTV box by simulating remote keypresses, as well as displaying information about the currently playing program. Commands are also available to control the power state (active/standby) of the DTV boxes as wells as reboot them.

Enabling HTTP Access

You will need to enable the HTTP inteface on your DTV box. To do this set all options to Allow under the Setup...System Setup...Whole-Home...External Access Menu. If you don't see this option you may have an older version of code on your DTV box and the HTTP interface may still be available.

Note: If you were previously running the serial driver you must remove your USB/Serial adapter from your DTV box and reset it for the Signal Quality and Reboot fields to work.

Release Info
  • Version 1.0 Original Version - tested with CommandVersion 1.0
  • Version 1.1 Fixed buffer overrun issue - tested with CommandVersion 1.0
  • Version 1.2 Fixed bug -GetParm: Exception The source and target string cannot be the same object
  • Version 1.3 Fixed bugs associated with DTV CommandVersion 1.1
  • Version 1.4 Fixed Rewind Bug
  • Version 1.5 Added RepeatAdvance, RepeatReplay, DeviceCardID, DeviceRecvID, DeviceLocation Fields
  • Version 1.6 Added H34+ Genie Compatibilty, Autodebug, Power field now Read/Write

References (To access these you may need to sign up for DBS Talk Beta Forum access)

Driver Files Sources files posted for future reference you don't need them to install driver.

Attached Files
.html   DirecTV_IP.html (Size: 13.98 KB / Downloads: 10)
.cqcdrvpack   DTV2ndGenIP_1_6.CQCDrvPack (Size: 19.59 KB / Downloads: 15)
.zip   DTV2ndGenIP_1_6_Source_Files.zip (Size: 19.21 KB / Downloads: 9)
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Did the reboot work on your receivers. It doesn't on mine. Thanks.
Is your Signal Quality 0%? The signal quality and reboot commands are pass-through serial commands, and won't work if the box is still in "serial mode". If you turn up logging you should see an error message to that effect. Also you should see NAKs incrementing if it isn't working.

You need to unplug the USB/Serial cable and reset the box with the red button to get it out of serial mode. I updated the first post with that info so hopefully it doesn't trip up anyone else.
Wuench

Thanks - I'll give that a try.
So far working great here. Will do more testing when I get back later today.
Power works as expected.
Thanks
George M
wuench,

Just wanted to thank you for this driver. Works much better than the serial one. I 've converted my DirecTV template to use this one.
Thanks
George M
Glad you like it.

I had bigger plans for it, like creating a way to view and manage playlists, but unfortunatley it sounds like DTV has decided to pull back on the ability to view any additional program data than what this driver provides, in future protocol versions.
Wuench

wuench:

I'm getting the following status updates in my Log File for both HR-20's I have using this driver:

-------------------
SendGet:Exception 0 - Header line had no colon separator, Url=http://192.168.0.5:8080/serial/processCommand?cmd=FA90 Ignore

SendGet:Exception 0 - Header line had no colon separator, Url=ttp://192.168.0.5:8080/tv/getTuned Ignore

SendGet:Response is 206, No event is being played.
-------------------

Generally, the driver seems to be working very well, but I was curious as to what these mean, and if there is any issue with this.
Yes, the first two will occur from time to time. That is due to an HTTP issue I have been working on with Dean. It just means that particular poll failed due to the DTV box being slow. It will usually succeed at getting the info successfully on the next poll (5 seconds later).

I haven't really seen the 206 before. Maybe that is due to the box being off or something? Or possibly being tuned to a channel that isn't coming in? I assume that means that there is no program info to deliver. In which case the driver should blank out the program info fields.
Wuench

I am trying to get this driver to work on two different boxes, and HR21 and HR22. Browsing to http://<yourDTVBox>:8080/getOptions does work but I am unable to connect and I am getting the following error in the log

SendGet: Exception 0 - The other side has closed down normally, Url=http://10.10.10.120:8080/info/getVersion Ignore.

Any thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Control Internet TVs with ethernet port bryanb 3 2,684 04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  DIRECTV GenII Enhancements ToyMaster458 175 26,208 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Last Post: George M