Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android RIVA Client: taRiva
Version 0.11 alpha is available on the wiki:

http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki/index.ph...pplication

It likely won't do more than display simple text/rectangle and choke on the more complicated stuff... Wink
Field Generator 0.65: Create CQC fields on the fly, from external applications.
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
TaRIVA 1.26: Android RIVA client.
Just sent my phone away last night to have it checked for a fault so I can help with this until next week

Mick
Wow! I guess I have to buy an Adroid phone now! Actually I am in the market and will probably get something in the next couple of weeks or month or so. I'd like to see what happens on the rooting front with the new DroidX before buying it. But I might be forced to pull the trigger early if Verizon really does announce the start of tiered data plans instead of the unlimited plan they have now.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
sic0048 Wrote:I guess I have to buy an Adroid phone now!
Actually, I'm going on vacation Friday for more than a week, without a laptop or anything, so no need to hurry that much... Wink
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
Before you get too far you should read some of the latest comments re security on the iPhone riva thread. The same issues apply here.

We need to be able to create a way of securly logging in without having a password pre entered but can be pre entered is desired.

Mick
znelbok Wrote:Before you get too far you should read some of the latest comments re security on the iPhone riva thread. The same issues apply here.
Right, I went through the regular Riva thread, but haven't gone through that one yet.

EDIT: OK, I read the end of the thread... I'll be adding a "remember the password" checkbox or such, I'll be saving the password hash (instead of the password itself) and won't display the password...
The current version has some flicker issues, as I started the UI based on some gaming code (with continuous redraws), but I will be replacing that part by some update-driven code.
Hmmmm, DroidX has been rooted! I'm that much closer to pulling the trigger. Now it just has to get back in stock!
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
Is there a trial mode with tariva? If not, how do we purchase it? It doesn't appear on the wiki or your website.

I've loaded it on my new android phone and I get the CQC screen. I've changed the setting to point to my server, but nothing happens after that. It doesn't appear to even try to connect to the CQC server (according to logs).

Thanks,
Brian

sic0048 Wrote:Is there a trial mode with tariva?
Currently there are no limitations, this will come later... Wink

Quote:I've changed the setting to point to my server, but nothing happens after that. It doesn't appear to even try to connect to the CQC server (according to logs).
The best thing would be to check the Android log with Log collector or such.

Make sure ports 13516 and 13517 are opened in your firewall and to grab version .15 from the wiki.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TaRiva on Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 ellisr63 17 7,274 12-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Native Android app (auto-gen based) Dean Roddey 156 33,279 10-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  RIVA Client: PlayBook 2.0 Fonceur 13 10,168 11-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  native scroll for android client pasha 14 8,559 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  android app burkepaol4 1 6,919 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  10 android burkepaol4 4 7,773 12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: burkepaol4
  Android client ? willplaice 33 25,000 08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Fonceur