Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any way to run IV on this?
This tablet ipad like device is coming out next month. It would be great to use for controlling everything and it is fairly inexpensive. Any hopes that this could work?

https://thejoojoo.com/sites/
Certainly there is nothing right now that would allow you to run an IV on that device. Although it is a Linux device, it seems to be limited to simply internet browsing. So unless you created a web interface (which you can do using the CQC web server), there are two things that must happen to run an IV on this device.

1) It must be hacked to allow a user access to the underlying OS rather than only the internet browser.

2) Someone must create a CQC Riva client that would work with the underlying OS. Currently there is no Linux RIVA, nor am I sure exactly what OS is running this machine. Even if there was a generic Linux RIVA client, it might need to be modified to work with this specific OS.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
I believe it's a stripped down Linux kernel with a custom webkit browser as the only GUI. If these ever do go mainstream I bet that it will be rooted pretty quick. It wouldn't suprise me if we see android porter over.
Which then means it becomes a suitable tablet for CQC WHEN the Riva client for Android gets done.....
Fingers crossed!
So I guess there is no RDP client for this tablet. RDP is what is used on the Nokias which are linux-based
No RDP is included. As far as the nokias go have you tried to run Android on them. There is a port of it in the works but it is a little over my head.