Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC Service not starting on boot
The CQC Application Shell is not starting automatically on one of my touchscreens. It's set to Automatic and comparing it to the settings on another machine they appear identical.

When I turn the touchscreen on, it boots gives and error the CIDLib server couldn't be found but on clearing the message the IV still starts up, although it's slow and not particularly responsive to any commands.

The service will start manually and the IV runs as normal then.
Does it show as not running in the service list? If so, try to start it manually and see what error you get.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
It shows as startup type automatic in the services.

If I go into the services it's not started but starts fine when I then press the Start option, no errors appear. It's doesn't start automatically even though all the CQC service settings, path to exe etc are the same as my other pc's.
What is the account you have the CQC service log in as? Is it "system" or a user account. If a user account, does that account have admin rights?

On my HP thin client, I have the CQC service log in automatically as local system and it starts as it should on XPe. On the Master server, the CQC logs in as a special CQC account with admin rights and it restarts as it should.
OK, not sure how it happened but after digging around I found Norton Worm Protection enabled! Seems that might have been causing the issue.

Don't ever remember installing it, must have been an auto update by Norton even though Norton was disabled!!

All working again now!
This is an old thread but on point. I'm running v4.4.0 and haven't been paying a lot of attention to the betas so maybe upgrading to lastest beta would help, but I recently restared by master server last week and noticed that CQC service was not starting upon reboot (i infrequently reboot). Checked services and CQC is set to Automatic but does not start when I reboot. I can Start the service manually and it comes up. Any ideas on what I might check to get CQC to come up upon reboot?
Try setting it to delayed start and see if that helps. Also, check the Windows event log to see if there are any messages related to its failing to start. It may be needing something that's not up and ready in time. Generally that's not an issue but once in a while it might be.
Dean Roddey
Using XP which does not have delayed start functionality. Checked boot log and didn't see anything pointing to an issue. What dependencies does CQC have in order to start?
Nothing unusual, but certainly networking has to be there. In this case we are talking about the app shell program itself, not the other stuff I presume? I.e. you don't see any of the CID* or CQC* programs in the list, right? If so, that means that the app shell itself couldn't start, which doesn't depend on much at all. Getting CQCServer loaded can depend on whatever stuff any of the loaded drivers might use, so it could include UPnP for instance. But the shell itself is pretty simple.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backup without Stopping Service RichardU 5 115 02-14-2018, 02:28 PM
Last Post: znelbok
Exclamation Windows as a service? Now, there’s an argument for Linux batwater 5 1,203 04-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  ExecApp to Start/Stop Windows Service? jaydonoghue 6 1,396 01-04-2017, 06:46 PM
  Automatically starting an IV pjgregory 2 559 11-22-2015, 09:45 AM
  cqc down. restarting service fixed it. bbrendon 42 4,762 12-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  Macros won't load in editor - service restart required bbrendon 6 1,211 05-03-2014, 12:47 PM
  Tray Monotor Stop service action DaveB 1 454 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM
  Crash upon starting anogee 5 437 11-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Last Post: anogee
  WOL and CQCAppShell service not started jmwhooper 4 1,038 08-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Last Post: jmwhooper
  CQCServer not starting zaccari 20 1,750 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Last Post: zaccari