Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighting control for the UK
Had a friend of mine from London staying with me and they were impressed by my CQC install and particularly the automated lighting. He asked how to do the same at his 'flat' in London but I had to admit I didn't know. Is there a good site for UK lighting controls? Is there one thats supported by CQC?
C-Bus is fairly well represented in the EU area, right? Though at the price of these types of systems, I can't imagine the price to import would be prohibitive as long as the correct voltage widgets are available for the system selected.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Yes, C-Bus is very much in the UK. If it is a flat that is not undergoing renovations, have look at the C-bus wireless system.

Mick
znelbok Wrote:Yes, C-Bus is very much in the UK. If it is a flat that is not undergoing renovations, have look at the C-bus wireless system.

Mick

Unfortunately it's just a rental flat so no luck in re-wiring. Sounds like the wireless C-Bus is the best approach. Does anyone know of a wireless 'starter kit' that would include the PC interface pieces + a couple wireless wall switches? Any good suppliers in the UK for purchasing these things?
You would be best off haveing a look at the C-Bus forums and asking there. Are a UK installers/users there that can help you out

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/index.php

As for starter kits, they don't really have anything like that. There are a couple small caviets with wireless and CQC, nothing major, but if you get serious about it, then I can let you know how to proceed.

Mick
znelbok Wrote:You would be best off haveing a look at the C-Bus forums and asking there. Are a UK installers/users there that can help you out

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/index.php

As for starter kits, they don't really have anything like that. There are a couple small caviets with wireless and CQC, nothing major, but if you get serious about it, then I can let you know how to proceed.

Mick
Thanks for the pointer. I'll check out that forum and see if I can help my friend get started. I suspect I'll be doing a lot of the work "with" (read: for) him Smile
I use Rako controls and there is a driver for CQC too. Not in the std build but can provide a copy for you. Their website is http://www.rakocontrols.com

They work on wireless so are very easy to install, use either an in wall pill dimmer to fix inside the single gang light switch box, or the in ceiling dimmer modules which are ideal to tuck up into ceiling behind down lights through the hole.

The dimmers are then controlled by a wall pad or a remote control. There are also a number of other devices available such as volt free triggers, PIR's, Serial controller (which you'll need for CQC control) and IR interfaces.

I've been very happy with them so far.
Is this Rako driver still around? Does anyone have a copy? Rako integration is one of my top criteria for the HA system I buy...
I should have a copy of the driver somewhere, PM me and I'll send it over. Do you already have Rako products?
Thanks for the offer, PM sent. Yes, I have just a bridge and one ceiling light module for experimenting with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can CQC be used for controlling theatrical lighting and special effects bmackrell 35 7,717 09-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  What is being used for TV Serial control bobskie708 14 1,387 08-16-2017, 08:38 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  LG smart TV Control potts.mike 10 1,651 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Looking for input on basement lighting George M 0 686 05-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Last Post: George M
  Nuvo Grand Concerto ip control lleo 24 3,072 04-07-2016, 08:19 PM
  insteon vs. UPB for primarily lighting rtarver 16 2,722 12-25-2015, 09:53 AM
  TV's with AndroidTV and control options znelbok 0 763 07-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Baseboard Heating Control khill 1 979 06-15-2015, 07:15 AM