Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 3.1 Beta Thread
bph Wrote:6. Click Add (no, the other add, not that add*)

Generally, two buttons with the same name is considered bad UI design. Sad
I don't know what's going on there. It's working perfectly for me. When does it actually change back to Or? What are you doing when it changes? There was an error of this sort in the initial drop that, but that was fixed. Are you sure you don't have a back level client or something?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Glad to see the 3.09 drop to fix the scheduled events. I thought I was going nuts when my scheduled events weren't going off at the correct time, but didn't realize that it had been broken. I finally went back and adjusted all the 'start time' setting to match the 'daily at X time'
Thanks
George M
Dean Roddey Wrote:I don't know what's going on there. It's working perfectly for me. When does it actually change back to Or? What are you doing when it changes? There was an error of this sort in the initial drop that, but that was fixed. Are you sure you don't have a back level client or something?

In only changes back to Or when I click the drop down and change it.

This is all from the Master Server. Why would a back-level client (if one exists) elsewhere on the network get in the way of configuring the Logic Server from the same PC?

I can (eventually) camtasia the problem if you need to see more repro than what i just typed.
Sorry, I thought it was changing back to Or from something else. I meant when it changes back to the wrong thing from whatever you set it to, what are you doing when it actually changes? It sounded like it would change back from what you'd set it to as you were doing some kind of change. What are you doing when it incorrectly switches back?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Sorry, I thought it was changing back to Or from something else. I meant when it changes back to the wrong thing from whatever you set it to, what are you doing when it actually changes? It sounded like it would change back from what you'd set it to as you were doing some kind of change. What are you doing when it incorrectly switches back?

It's stuck on And.

It goes back to And when I click save and then reopen or when I Add the first source field and click the Select button.
OK, let me check that scenario out.
Dean Roddey
OK, there was still an issue with the daily events stuff. When you set it via the action command, if the start time had already been pushed to the next day, then scheduling it for a time later than now wouldn't result in a run today, because the start time was already beyond any legal time today. So now when setting it that way, it forces the start time back to now, so it'll run today if that's possible.

I put up another version for Bryan to try out. I won't post it until he confirms that this fixes the issue, since that's the only change and it would be useless if it didn't in fact fix this problem.
Dean Roddey
George M Wrote:Glad to see the 3.09 drop to fix the scheduled events. I thought I was going nuts when my scheduled events weren't going off at the correct time, but didn't realize that it had been broken. I finally went back and adjusted all the 'start time' setting to match the 'daily at X time'

This bit me too and it was driving me crazy!

Can someone explain the difference between "start time" and "run at" settings? why would i ever have one different than the other?
The start time allows you to schedule an event to start at some point in the future. So, you might have an event you want to run every day or every five minutes, but not start until midnight tonight or tomorrow at 4AM (i.e. when you won't want to be there to start it yourself.) So what happens is, once you save it, it will look for the first possible time it could run the event that is beyond both the current time and the start time. And that becomes the first time it could be invoked.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,755 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,325 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,134 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,144 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,314 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM