Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 3.1 Beta Thread
Is folders for the interface templates still on the list?
Yeh, it is. It's just one of those things that's not a burning need but will require a fair amount of caution to do to avoid breaking existing systems, so it hasn't quite made it to the top yet. But it definitely needs to be done.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean,

Is it possible to highlight those areas (or otherwise indicate a change) of the technical documents that have changed since the last formal release? I always have a hard time finding where all the new documentation is located in each document. It would be easy to scroll down until I see something highlighted and then look at it.

Actually it would be nice to retain those changed items as highlighted in the formal release documents as well. It would make it easier for those of us upgrading our systems IMHO. So any change in the system since the previous formal release would be highlighted in some manner

Once you started a new beta site, you could strip out all the highlights from the formal release and start over.

Thanks,
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
I'd never actually do that, even if I intended to. Finding and removing them all after significant upgrades would be very difficult. If there were some formal versioning mechanism in FrontPage I could use, I'd do that. But manually I'd not want to to even try it. The best thing to do is read the notes on the changes that I post with every release, and ask questions if anything doesn't make sense.
Dean Roddey
While its nice to have all of the related stuff in the document together, I also like Brian's idea. Just another option to consider is sort of the way HAI does their documentation. For each update after a major rev, the updated documentation goes into an Addendum. So all of the 'new' documentation could be found there. It could also refer back to the Chapter where it 'belongs'. AT the next formal release, simply move the Addendum items to their respective chapters.
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'd never actually do that, even if I intended to. Finding and removing them all after significant upgrades would be very difficult. If there were some formal versioning mechanism in FrontPage I could use, I'd do that. But manually I'd not want to to even try it. The best thing to do is read the notes on the changes that I post with every release, and ask questions if anything doesn't make sense.

Dean, Don't know anything about Front Page but Word does provide those features. Easy to mark revisions and then accept them all to make the markings disappear. If Front Page imports from Word there may be an easy answer.
Les
I tried to configure a Boolean faux field in the Logic Server. No matter how many times I select "Or", it switches back to "And", and the behavior indicates that it is acting like "And". Is "or" working?

(Same with XOR. Only And sticks.)
It was working for me before, but maybe something got lost. I'll look at it.
Dean Roddey
It's working ok fo rme. What specific sequence of events are you seeing it revert under?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:It's working ok fo rme. What specific sequence of events are you seeing it revert under?

1. Run Admin Interface
2. Administer > Logic Server
3. Click Add
4. Field Name: Test | Field Type Boolean | Data Type Boolean
5. Logical Operation shows "or"
6. Click Add (no, the other add, not that add*)
7. Add the Test-RadioRa.ZoneStatus01 Field.
8. Notice that Logical Operation shows "and".
9. Change Logical Operation to "or". Change Statement Type to "IsTrue".
10. Click Save
11. Administer > Logic Server
12. Click Test (if you have other fields)
13. Notice Logical operation shows "and".
14. repeat 6-13 with additional fields.

Consistent in 3.0.8 and 3.0.9.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,756 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,326 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,136 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,145 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,314 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM