Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 3.1 Beta Thread
Oh, yeh, that's true. So you sould be ok there. So I'm not really sure what's going on there. I have run it in the development mode and upgraded my test system here on my development machine and did a clean test install, and it worked fine in all those configurations. I'll take another whack at it in case I did something stupid there at the end. But it would be nice to get some feedback from others to see if they have the same problem.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
So can you guys bring up the configuration dialog for the Logic Server, or do you get an error there?

Oh, I just realized that I didn't add a firewall exception for the logic server, so that could be a problem with some folks, but not if you have the firewall off. But I need to add that anyway.
Dean Roddey
ok. here's the skinny. the reason the driver doesn't connect is there were no fields configured inside the logic server.

once i defined a field inside the logic server, using the "Logic Server" administrator interface located in the "Administer" menu...it connected.
~~~ B01nk
Oh, OK. In my tests I'd installed the server and configured a couple fields before I loaded the driver. I'll fix that.
Dean Roddey
BTW...(logic server) = AWSOME!!! too many reasons to use this floating around in my head at the moment...
~~~ B01nk
So, I'm about halfway through adding XML support to CML. To keep the number of methods and such reasonable, I'm exposing the tree based interface, i.e. you make a call to parse and you end up with a tree that holds the XML, which you can then traverse. This is apposed to a streaming type interface where it just hands you each piece of info as it's parsed and it's your job to put it together.

The later is usually way more efficient, since the data is directly stuck into whatever format you want to use it in. But, it's also a lot more work for you since you have to keep up with where you are in the nested elements and such as it you are being called back for each thing parsed.

The tree based scheme is not terribly efficient, but much better suited to the fairly simple needs that most folks have for XML in CML, which is to read some XML response from a device or read in some XML file. But you definitely WILL NOT want to use it to try to parse some 100MB XML file. The in memory representation will typically be from 5 to 10 times as much storage required as the original file, so it will eat up most of the computer's memory and take probably half an hour to complete.

So it's just to allow for automation related stuff, to handle receiving XML responses from devices or loading in reasonably sized XML configuration files or data files and such.
Dean Roddey
X Sell Lint.
Almost got the XML stuff going for a basic but workable interface. I kind of threw out a little bit of stuff and went back at it again and came up with something better. So hopefully in a day or two I can get a drop up that includes this stuff for folks to play with.
Dean Roddey
So 3.0.8 is posted. I updated the beta web site docs, adding two new classes, MEng.System.Runtime.XMLTreeAnchor and XMLTreeParser. It's pretty limited right now due to need to get a drop out for other reasons. But there's enough there already to probably do most stuff that an automation driver or macro would need to do. See the comments at the top of the parser class for current limitations.
Dean Roddey
I've just about got the XML stuff that was left out of the first drop done. The main issue was that the CML engine needs to use CML type paths. So any time you are not doing an HTTP type URL, i.e. a file:/ type URL or a file path, they need to be CML type paths, that refer to the local macro file root. My XML engine didn't really account for supporting that directly, so I had to do a little work to get that extra flexibility. So now, if you reference an external entity such as a DTD, that reference can be via a CML type file path and it will now how to interpret that.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,756 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,327 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,141 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,147 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,314 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM