Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 3.1 Beta Thread
OK, the first 3.x beta is released. So this thread is for discussion of that, in the usual way.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I moved this thread of pseigler's here and Jkish's reply...

Quote:Quick Q...one of the items on my wish list since pre 2.x has been some way to persist data, without using an external database...meaning, the CQC Variable driver (although a default value can be set) will lose it's current value when a CQC server is reset or the service is reset.

i.e. if i have a CQC Variable set up with a field called <TempPassword> that is changed daily, and the CQC server resets, the <TempPassword> CQC Variable is reset to the default value i've configured (if i've configured one)...the value it had previously been set to by the user, or automated process, does not persist.

Will there be a way to persist values in upcoming releases of CQC (maybe via the logic server ) Smile

It would be nice if GVars persisted in this way as well, so a system could literally crash and come back up in the exact same state it was in - figured i'd ask for the moon while i was at it. Smile

Quote:There is a crude way of persisting variable driver fields in 3.x.

You can set the default value of a Variable driver field to the current value of the field. That way, the default that gets loaded is set to the most recent value.

If you want to persist a Variable driver field, first change the field and then
use the Devices::SendDrvCmd() with the ID SetFldDefault and ToSet containing the field name.
Dean Roddey
Yeh, for something like that, that you set manually and want to stay until changed, that would be a workable way to do it. Just force it to be the default value for that field.
Dean Roddey
The logic server seems to be spinning around bouncing between "Wait for Connect" and "Wait for Comm Resource" - log server reports the 'Driver 'LServer' is trying to get its comm resource"...etc.

The log server is reporting an error for the driver of "Zero is not a valid max size for a collection"

When i try to load the admin interface i get a pop up with an error "Facility 'CQSLLogicC' was not found. Version=3.0"

hope this helps
~~~ B01nk
Quote:When i try to load the admin interface i get a pop up with an error "Facility 'CQSLLogicC' was not found. Version=3.0"

Oh, wait, I probably forgot to remove the client side driver from the manifest, so it thinks there is one. But there is no client side driver. You are actually configuring the logic server, not a driver. So it's under the Administer menu.

And you need to load the logic server itself before the driver can talk to it. So you'll have to run the installer on the master server and enable the logic server.
Dean Roddey
BTW, I'm working on the documentation now, and on getting a 3.1 beta web site up at the same time, so that I can keep the changes documented as I go.
Dean Roddey
I think there's an error if you select source fields for the min/max/average type that are not of the same type as what you selected for the Logic Server field that they are feeding. I need to explore that.
Dean Roddey
Most likely this is me, but i still can not get the logic server driver to connect.

setup:
i) new CQC master server
ii) ALL CQC servers are installed, confirmed the logic server
iii) no firewall or antivirus installed (windows fwall is off)
iv) windows xp, up to date on sp's and hf's

getting the same errors described above...maybe something on my end. anxious to see if anyone else has a similar problem.
~~~ B01nk
If you put it into verbose mode, does it give you any more useful info? Oh, and is the logic server showing up as a licensed component if you get the license info in the Admin Interface? A new system installed in trial mode should have it set automatically, but I may have missed something.
Dean Roddey
verbose mode shows that the driver cannot connect.

The logic server DOES NOT show licensed in the license info (this is a test install, so it's in trial mode...nothing is showing up as licensed components)
~~~ B01nk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 30 1,098 1 hour ago
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 34 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 15,342 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,046 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 47,638 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 5,495 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 129,050 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 6,842 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,243 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 6,991 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM