Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generic Irrigation Scheduler
eded9698 Wrote:Great job!!!

The blank interface is mssing when I press the create program button.

Whoops... I'll add that one to the templates when I get a chance.

You can create your own just save an empty transparent template as 'Blank'.
I did. Just thought I let you know. Also some of the images are missing. arrows, stop, pause.
eded9698 Wrote:I did. Just thought I let you know. Also some of the images are missing. arrows, stop, pause.

Yes, thanks.

Those are not images they are special fonts - install from here: http://blog.guifx.com/2009/04/02/guifx-v...ort-font//
The link doesn't work.
eded9698 Wrote:The link doesn't work.

I updated the post above with the fixed link.
J,
One little bug so far.... when viewing the Zone screen you can change the Unit number by using the Up/Down arrows, but if you try to go "Up" past the number of Units available it throws the IrrigationScheduler driver to an unavailable state requiring a CQC restart.

I haven't tried this with any of the other Up/Down arrows but you may want to look into limiting the available scrolling to only include defined values or trapping the error that might be produced.

Thanks again for this driver !!!
robolo Wrote:J,
One little bug so far.... when viewing the Zone screen you can change the Unit number by using the Up/Down arrows, but if you try to go "Up" past the number of Units available it throws the IrrigationScheduler driver to an unavailable state requiring a CQC restart.

I haven't tried this with any of the other Up/Down arrows but you may want to look into limiting the available scrolling to only include defined values or trapping the error that might be produced.

Thanks again for this driver !!!

Ok, I'll fix it for the next version and check the other controls to make sure they have limits.

Most should, but the unit control cannot go beyond the number of units you actually have and I'm probably not checking for that.
I have a Rain8Net with 2 modules and am thinking of trying this. My modules are 1 and 3 as I had issues trying to use module address 2. Any way, my fields are Rain8.1_Zone_1 thru Rain8.3_Zone_8. I only have 15 zones currently installed so Rain8.3_Zone_8 is unused. Do you see any issues with this?

Thanks
kayemsi Wrote:I have a Rain8Net with 2 modules and am thinking of trying this. My modules are 1 and 3 as I had issues trying to use module address 2. Any way, my fields are Rain8.1_Zone_1 thru Rain8.3_Zone_8. I only have 15 zones currently installed so Rain8.3_Zone_8 is unused. Do you see any issues with this?

Thanks

The driver isn't going to like the fact that it can't address Unit 2.

On install, the driver asks for the number of zones and assumes that it can access them contiguously.

I'm working on V0.2 right now and I'll think about a way to allow holes in the addressing - I never considered that there might be missing units.

For now, you could try it out by telling the driver you have 8 zones and it would only attempt to access unit 1.
Since you ask for the moniker of the Rain8 driver, is there any way to query that driver to find out which what its field names are?

When you install the Rain8 driver it asks for the module numbers and I enter 1,3 so you could do something similar to setup the field names. But that doesn't help in looping thru modules unless you have another level of abstraction {module[0].number = 1;module[1].number=3}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generic Modbus Driver - Serial & IP znelbok 24 10,829 07-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Irrigation Caddy - WIFI Version (IC-W1) kblagron 0 1,304 05-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Generic Database Driver - Beta Mikla 109 29,352 01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Mikla