Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generic Irrigation Scheduler
Great, I'd love to try it out. When will you be posting?
robolo Wrote:Great, I'd love to try it out. When will you be posting?

Hopefully, tomorrow sometime.

Just a few more cosmetic changes in the templates to fix up.
I've posted the initial versions of the driver and templates and attached them to the first post. I also edited that post to give a bit of information on how to set up the driver/templates. I don't have any other documentation currently, but just ask and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
J,
Thanks for posting the driver. After installation I pointed it to the UPB driver moniker as you suggested. I renamed the UPB sprinkler devices as 1_Zone_1 etc as per instructions. Getting the following error instead of the driver connecting.

Code:
09/14 16:53:50-cqcmaster, CQCServer, CQCDrv_IrrigationScheduler_Thread5
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2655, Status/App Status
    Driver 'IrrigationScheduler' is trying to get its comm resource
}
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2693, Status/App Status
    Driver 'IrrigationScheduler' has its comm resource
}
09/14 16:53:55-cqcmaster, CQCServer, CQCDrv_IrrigationScheduler_Thread5
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2711, Status/App Status
    Driver 'IrrigationScheduler' is trying to connect to its device
}
{
    CIDMacroEng, CIDMacroEng_Engine.cpp.1276, Status/App Status
    Exception 'SimpleFldErrors.ReadFailed' was thrown from line 1653
    MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.SimpleFldClient

Would this be related to the UPB device names? The UPB devices have a somewhat complicated naming structure which includes location, toggle, etc.
robolo Wrote:J,
Thanks for posting the driver. After installation I pointed it to the UPB driver moniker as you suggested. I renamed the UPB sprinkler devices as 1_Zone_1 etc as per instructions. Getting the following error instead of the driver connecting.

Code:
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2655, Status/App Status
    Driver 'IrrigationScheduler' is trying to get its comm resource
}
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2693, Status/App Status
    Driver 'IrrigationScheduler' has its comm resource
}
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2711, Status/App Status
    Driver 'IrrigationScheduler' is trying to connect to its device
}
{
    CIDMacroEng, CIDMacroEng_Engine.cpp.1276, Status/App Status
    Exception 'SimpleFldErrors.ReadFailed' was thrown from line 1653
    MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.SimpleFldClient

Would this be related to the UPB device names? The UPB devices have a somewhat complicated naming structure which includes location, toggle, etc.

So, what are the names of the fields for the UPB devices when you look in the Admin field browser?

Are they 1_Zone_1 etc, or are they something else with the location, type, etc added to the name?

If they are anything other than just 1_Zone_1 etc, then it isn't going to work as is.
I revised the UPB cvs file and renamed the zones exactly as you advised "1_Zone_1", etc. This is how they appear when looking at the UPB device names with a field browser. I restarted CQC and even reinstalled the Irrigation Scheduler Driver. Unfortunately I am still getting the line 1653 error.

SOLVED -

I ran the driver through the test harness and found I had mislabelled one of the UPB devices and it was missing 2_Zone_5. Once I corrected that in the UPB.cvs file and restarted the driver connects!!. You should emphasize in the driver info that there must be a labeled zone device available for each and every one of the number of zones you input.

I am going to have a lot of fun playing with this. You might want to rename it a more generic driver name since it looks like it will work with both the Rain8Net as well as the Rain8UPB.

GREAT JOB!!
There could be a couple of other problems:

1) The moniker of the UPB driver doesn't match what you typed in, but that seems unlikely unless you have mistyped it twice.

2) How many zones did you say you had when you installed the driver? Make sure there are the same number of devices in the UPB driver as you said you have zones. If you leave the default of 8, then there must be 8 fields named: 1_Zone_1, 1_Zone_2, ... 1_Zone_8.
J,
I think you were typing your last post at the same time I was revising mine. All is good. See above.
robolo Wrote:J,
I think you were typing your last post at the same time I was revising mine. All is good. See above.

Sounds good - let me know how it goes.

It might be a good idea to have the driver do a quick test of the fields required and print something intelligent in the log when it finds an error.

I'll change the name to something more generic. I may just call it Irrigation Scheduler since it could work with almost anything if the field names match.
Great job!!!

The blank interface is mssing when I press the create program button.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generic Modbus Driver - Serial & IP znelbok 24 10,829 07-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Irrigation Caddy - WIFI Version (IC-W1) kblagron 0 1,304 05-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Generic Database Driver - Beta Mikla 109 29,352 01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Mikla