Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C-Bus V5.1 driver for CQC V3
Hi Rohnan - I think i have a bug

the driver connects and works - i had 5.0 installed as drv_Lighting1; so I imported the new driver package. removed the driver and added the new driver with the same monkier again drv_Lighting1

using the Field Browser, i see the device is connected, and i can change the dim on any channel - all works as planned.

BUT - in 5.0 and now in 5.1 - when the driver connects - if a light is on - the driver will report its value as 100; even though its dimmed to 35% for example. If i use the change fld button and set a channel to a new value - cbus does what its told, but then when the driver refreshes - it reported the channel is 100 again...

I am using a direct serial connection to the PC Interface.

regards
Damian
Stipe Wrote:Howdy boys.

I've got it working using the Lantronix software. Great driver, thanks again Rohan!

I have added all the addresses to the Translate.txt file, but I don't see the field names at all. It just shows number (1, 2, etc without the leading zeroes).

Is there something I might be missing which is causing the driver not to load the names?

Cheers

this is working correctly for me - Put the file her, at least thats where mine are, and i realise the comments in the file are pointing to a different location [make sure no . after txt]:

C:\CQC\CQCData\MacroFileRoot\C-Bus\Translate.txt
Rohan might not respond for a few days. His wife was going into surgery some time about now, so he probably has a lot of other things to deal with for a little bit.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean, Thanks for letting us know.

Rohan - thoughs and Prayers are with you both.

Damian
damian.flynn Wrote:Hi Rohnan - I think i have a bug

the driver connects and works - i had 5.0 installed as drv_Lighting1; so I imported the new driver package. removed the driver and added the new driver with the same monkier again drv_Lighting1

using the Field Browser, i see the device is connected, and i can change the dim on any channel - all works as planned.

BUT - in 5.0 and now in 5.1 - when the driver connects - if a light is on - the driver will report its value as 100; even though its dimmed to 35% for example. If i use the change fld button and set a channel to a new value - cbus does what its told, but then when the driver refreshes - it reported the channel is 100 again...

I am using a direct serial connection to the PC Interface.

regards
Damian

Thanks to the wonders of wifi and an unsecured network in the hospital, I can respond from the discomfort of a hospital visitors chair.

The short answer is that's how it works. When the driver first starts it asks the C-Bus network for a list of all group assresses and their current state. Unfortunately the state reported is either 'off' or 'not off' so not off translates to 100%

If you change the light level from a C-Bus switch after the driver is running, the network will advise the driver of the actual dim level and it will update CQC accordingly.

I'm interested to know if rather than using the change fld button on the admin interface if you used one of your normal interface buttons, the value tracks correctly. Also if you do use the change fld button and it reports incorrectly, have a look at the same field on the IV and see if it is also incorrect.

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
I hope all is OK Rohan. All the best mate
rhamer Wrote:The short answer is that's how it works. When the driver first starts it asks the C-Bus network for a list of all group assresses and their current state. Unfortunately the state reported is either 'off' or 'not off' so not off translates to 100%

Hi Rohan

If you request/use the longer MMI messages that C-Bus sends then you also get level information returned (rather than on/off/absent/error) for every group on that application/network. You can also request these for any bridged C-Bus networks. Thus you can synch accurately at connect rather than just await level changes.

I use this in my xAP C-Bus gateway so if you need any more info - just shout.

K
CouchPotatoe Wrote:Hi Rohan

If you request/use the longer MMI messages that C-Bus sends then you also get level information returned (rather than on/off/absent/error) for every group on that application/network. You can also request these for any bridged C-Bus networks. Thus you can synch accurately at connect rather than just await level changes.

I use this in my xAP C-Bus gateway so if you need any more info - just shout.

K

That's true, but it was not part of the original protocol release.

Of course it is all open now.

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
G'day Rohan

I have been using the driver and overall it works great. Just a little issue, I use the Clipsal Multi Room Audio, and I can control the volume/bass and source selection through CQC as I expect, but when I restart CQC, it doesnt show the right status of the audio system. The volumes all show as 0, even if they are on and the audo source is also set to 0. Depending on what source is selected, normally i see value of 1 through to 5. Is this a limitation similar to what Damian posted about the dimmed lights?

Also is there any way tat we can query the real state of a cbus item? At least that way on load, we could ask it to check its real state.

Thanks

Paul
CQC, C-Bus, M1, Advantage Air HVAC
Hi Paul,

I'm glad to hear it works with the MRA stuff, I think you are the first to try it.

The driver is really a bit old now and because of the limited information that was available when I wrote it, only really does lighting.

I have recently been looking at doing it again differently using a library that Clipsal have recently released as open source. This library has all the application types and appears to handle the initial state stuff.

So it won't be tomorrow, but fingers crossed I'll get to it soon.

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD