Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo BDP anyone?
I have installed the v2 0.2 RS232 driver for my Oppo 103 and it works fine. I have not tested all of the features, but the matching ones from the old RS232 driver, with some field name changes, are all OK.

Most importantly, the Power and PowerStatus fields work as they should, removing the double boot problem from the old driver.

Thanks Mark!. This should be the CQC release version from now on. I expect that the pseudo DLNA driver due after Rev 5 will work in addition to this to push stored files, rather than replace it.

PJG
It wouldn't replace it per se, but you wouldn't use both of them at the same time. The new one would only be for folks who want to use a DLNA based repo, but otherwise it would also be a V2 enabled driver, based on the standard UPnP media renderer class.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Is this driver currently included in CQC 5.x? If so, what variant?
As far as I am concerned, the state of the Oppo driver is still in some confusion.  After trying the official CQC releases, I am still using my PDL driver with a COM interface,  as the official versions do not correctly cope with the dual boot power on process that the Oppo uses.  As a result, in the official version you cannot rely on the PWR#Status field to determine if the player can actually able accept additional commands once it is powered on from scratch.

Also, neither my version nor the official version will allow you to stream media content to the Oppo via DNLA.   Dean is working on and off on this - see the thread on "What after 5.0". There is a part working UPnP driver that will perform transport controls, but only once the player is turned on via a COM driver.  As I said, I am still confused and if anyone can step in with a proper statement of the current situation, I will be happy to follow.

PJG
pjgregory

Life after 5.0:
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...+after+5.0
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
Quote:As far as I am concerned, the state of the Oppo driver is still in some confusion. After trying the official CQC releases, I am still using my PDL driver with a COM interface, as the official versions do not correctly cope with the dual boot power on process that the Oppo uses. As a result, in the official version you cannot rely on the PWR#Status field to determine if the player can actually able accept additional commands once it is powered on from scratch.

I'm confused, if you go up a few posts you said that the driver was properly handling the power state.

I am not having any issue with my Oppo, so if you want a change you need to turn file logging on, recreate the startup issue, and annotate the logs so I can see what your oppo is now doing. It has been long enough that an Oppo firmware change could be the culprit here. Anyhow, get the logs and we'll go from there.
Mark Stega

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oppo network file play rtarver 0 1,489 01-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Last Post: rtarver