Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo BDP anyone?
pjgregory Wrote:Yes that's right. I can display hh:mmConfuseds strings, but to run a progress bar you need a numeric with a range (say 0:100) so that the field would show the percentage of the disk remaining. I hope inspiration strikes otherwise I will have to try using the logic server to do a string to number conversion and then the math.

Good driver by the way. It just sits there and works, just like the OPPO - I have never had any issues.

PJG

Give that a go. attached v0.3 to the 2nd post in this thread. http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...ostcount=2

Seems to work for me, but I've not tested it extensively.

I did toy with using the most verbose mode in the protocol, to get per-second updates on disc progress, but it turns out it only shows what the front panel shows - which it can control - but only shows one of elapsed time and remaning. Since they both progress, then having it show only one and wait for the routine poll for the other may have an odd impact on the rate of change of the % bar.
What is the likelyhood that the BP103 will work with this driver?

Has the protocol changed at all? Document says V1.1 Oct 22 2012 so they may be a few changes or inclusions for new players.

http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP103/B...l_v1.1.pdf

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:What is the likelyhood that the BP103 will work with this driver?

Has the protocol changed at all? Document says V1.1 Oct 22 2012 so they may be a few changes or inclusions for new players.

http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP103/B...l_v1.1.pdf

Mick

I have a BDP103; on my list to mess with over the Holidays... I know that the protocol version query when the driver starts up is likely to be problematic (at least I think that is what I am thinking about, only briefly looked at it and this thread and came to that conclusion.)

They will will also be publishing their IP protocol as soon as they finish baking it. There is already an Android App from Oppo, no Apple App yet. To use the IP stack you have have to leave the player in quick start mode which ensures that the ethernet port is active otherwise only IR & serial is awake during the "powered off" mode which takes longer to boot (still freaking fast for a Blu-Ray player mind you.)

An absolutely freaking awesome player, didn't know how crappy my samsung player was until I put this guy in...

-Ben
Any news on the IP protocol yet?

Have you got it [ the BDP-103] working with CQC yet?

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok Wrote:Any news on the IP protocol yet?

Mick

I need to check their site to see if they have finalized and published...
znelbok Wrote:Any news on the IP protocol yet?

Not something I've looked at, either.
Do you have any idea yet if the IP protocols will support the UPnp (DNLA) renderer function?

The spec says it has

"DMP & DMR - Digital Media Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR) features enables wired or wireless access of audio, picture, and video files stored on DLNA-compatible digital media servers such as a computer or network storage device (NAS)."

If so, then the existing CQC UPnp driver, or a modified version, could be used with MyMovies to stream iso files to the player. Then in one box, with one set of connections, you could play DVD,BlueRay DVD-A and SACD disks PLUS all the content on a movie server. Given the top end spec in audio and video, that truly would be awesome.

PJG
Hopefully it doesn't do DNLA, or only optionaly does, since that would mean our driver wouldn't work with it otherwise. If it's just a regular media renderer, and can accept standard AVTransport type commands, then it would work. DNLA based players may only accept DNLA repository sources, not a raw network path to stream directly from.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
If DNLA will not wok what about these

"SMB/CIFS Access - The BDP-103 comes with an experimental feature that can access video, audio and picture files shared by computers on the local network via the Server Message Block (SMB) or Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocols."

PJG
Yeh, that's what you would want, the ability to directly access shared files.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oppo network file play rtarver 0 1,665 01-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Last Post: rtarver