Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo BDP anyone?
Is there any particular firmware version to be on or anything?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
My Oppo93 arrived today and I hocked it up with a direct RS232 cable, male one end, female the other with pins 5 to 5, 3 to 3 and 2 to 2. Loaded the driver (v 0.2), but I cannot get it to connect. Is the cable correct? It says a straight through connection in the Version 2 March 31 2010 Oppo documentation, but RS232 is always prone to misunderstandings.

Any suggestions

PJG
If there's an option for verbose reply in setup you could try turning it on. That seems to be the issue on the Compli Blu from what Dean figured out.
Les
If you have a null adaptor, that's a quick way to try the other cable variation to make sure.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Stupid Mistake! The cable was correct, I just plugged it into the wrong socket on my usb-rs232 box. Agh!

The driver is working perfectly as far as I can tell. The player is far faster and more responsive than my old Pioneer BDP LX71 and it plays SACD's. It's a real shame that the punters will only buy major brand name stuff, but that their bad.

PJG
I'm considering purchase of a blue-ray player. I'm curious about this player and how it compares to the denon stuff. Is quality and control and features about the same? Do the drivers work as well?

-Mike
I am SO excited, I should be getting my Oppo BDP 95 this Sunday. :-D I'll have to think about a smart way to control both the pre-amp and bdp through rs232 now, since I only have one GC100!
For now, I'll do the amp manually and test the Oppo through the GC100. BTW, is there a good free software that will give me virtual serial ports at boot? I've been having the problem that I needed to manually set a port every reboot.

*EDIT* I have the BDP95 now. I am very happy with it, in particular with its excellent streaming of networked content that it can pull from my server! It does music and movies (in mkv format, no probs). Of course, it also does discs very well, but that is no surprise :-)
Best regards,

Mark

CQC, SageTV, Z-Wave, SqueezeStuff, Arcam, Oppo
Hi

Who is looking after the Oppo Driver? I cannot seem to find a specific thread for maintenance. I am currently upgrading all my cinema stuff and would like to add the elapsed time and total playing time fields to my display. Unfortunately, these are in string format so although I can display the string values, I cannot show a progress bar which needs a numeric variable with a specified range.

If anyone is supporting this driver, any chance of adding this as an extra field. A 0:100 card4 as percentage of elapsed time would be easiest to use.

PJG
pjgregory Wrote:Hi

Who is looking after the Oppo Driver? I cannot seem to find a specific thread for maintenance. I am currently upgrading all my cinema stuff and would like to add the elapsed time and total playing time fields to my display. Unfortunately, these are in string format so although I can display the string values, I cannot show a progress bar which needs a numeric variable with a specified range.

If anyone is supporting this driver, any chance of adding this as an extra field. A 0:100 card4 as percentage of elapsed time would be easiest to use.

PJG

I'm the original author, though I've not looked at it in a while; but I've recently picked up a BDP-93, so maybe I'll ask for the latest protocol doc and see what's new in there.

By string versus numeric, I assume you mean the current field shows hh:mmConfuseds type stuff, whereas you need an absolute number of seconds or a percentage.

If I feel inspired I'll take a peek. Smile

Chris.
Bodshal Wrote:By string versus numeric, I assume you mean the current field shows hh:mmConfuseds type stuff, whereas you need an absolute number of seconds or a percentage.

If I feel inspired I'll take a peek. Smile

Chris.

Yes that's right. I can display hh:mmConfuseds strings, but to run a progress bar you need a numeric with a range (say 0:100) so that the field would show the percentage of the disk remaining. I hope inspiration strikes otherwise I will have to try using the logic server to do a string to number conversion and then the math.

Good driver by the way. It just sits there and works, just like the OPPO - I have never had any issues.

PJG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oppo network file play rtarver 0 1,834 01-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Last Post: rtarver