Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 3.0 preview
OK, if you go to the beta web site, in the usual place you can download the 3.0.0 release. If anyone wants to go ahead and do it and give us a verification that all is well.

There's only one change since the 2.4.55 release which is a fix for the timed field writ stuff. So there's no danger of it being broken, but just to make sure there are no stupid problems like the file is corrupt, it won't install, something like that, before we go live with it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Unless there's something wrong with this build, I'm going to pull the trigger some time tomorrow.
Dean Roddey
It downloads fine and is not corrupt. I was able to read the notes, but (being on the right coast) do not have time this evening to begin upgrading my system.
Of course you would...

You know I have been holding off on upgrading for a long time now. I know I should be helping you beta test but I figured I would try something new and only upgrade once the new release came out. So I have been waiting for months.

Here is the catch...Tomorrow, the day you plan to release 3.0, I am headed to O.C. MD until Thursday. Which means I have to sit here and dream about all the cool things I am missing until at least Friday.

It never fails...
David
Z-Wave World Magazine|Baltimore Hackerspace
"Why think outside the box when you could let the box think for you." - My take on Home Automation
I upgraded to the beta recently, and it went smoothly overall, but I'm having a few issues with drivers. For example, the RSS driver that comes with the recent beta doesn't work with the recent beta.

In any case, it would be really helpful to have a short upgrade guide stating problems you could get while upgrading and how to solve them. Maybe the biggest point is which drivers were updated and how has each changed in 3.0? Drivers seem to be the most troublesome part of upgrading.
If you have any non-shipped drivers, there's a chance that they could have been affected by a small change. Any shipped drivers should be working correctly. For others, check the beta drivers area. I think that all of them have been updated to take care of this issue. If that's the problem, you'll see them as 'Waiting for initialize' state. If that's not it, what does 'not working' constitute in this case?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:If that's not it, what does 'not working' constitute in this case?

Other than the RSS driver mentioned, I started to get this error that the "Blaster Server driver couldn't be found for the driver Familyroom_UIRT"

I'm using the stock UIRT driver and never got these errors under 2.4 but haven't had the chance to check it out more.
Did you follow the safe sex upgrade? I.e. if the UIRT is on some other machien besides the master server and you didn't do the right upgrade sequence, you might have gotten the old driver loaded under the new version. Also just make sure that you really upgraded all machines.

You can run the CQCNetTest from the CQC Command Prompt on the master server and see what all it reports as well.
Dean Roddey
Yes I followed that to the tee, but I'll test more. I'll upgrade to 3.0 and see what happens.
It could also be that the driver on that machine can get out to register itself but no one can get to it. The net test guy will probably tell you if that happens.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Version for XP znelbok 1 2,117 06-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  VRCOP/latest CQC version? IVB 47 13,978 01-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Last Post: George M
  Version 5.0 thinking out loud Dean Roddey 25 9,709 10-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Rolling back version dogman 6 2,588 02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  UPB Status Error in Beta Version 2.4.26 Forefront Technologies 0 1,539 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Forefront Technologies
  Driver version checking robolo 11 5,549 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Last Post: robolo
  Latest Version dirtracinfan 11 5,007 12-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ellisr63