Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the DataLogdb driver up and running
Ya, rrdtool was mentioned, I have to put that on the list. I consider it a borderline contender because, so far as I know, it also requires being executed via the remote app tool, which makes it a bit iffy for creating updating graphs every second.
Alright, I'm hoping to get a little help here. I have gone through steps 1-5 in the How To and I believe it is all working. Everything that I was suppose to test worked as expected.

But now that I am trying to load the CQC driver I am having problems. I am using a RDP connection to my main CQC server which is the computer I installed the SQL software and created the database on. I select that machine in the Admin Interface to install the driver on, but when I get to the step of choosing the ODBC Database, there are no entries. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
If you are RDP'd into the same machine where the driver is being installed, then you should be ok. You did create a System DSN, right? Not a User one?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:You did create a System DSN, right? Not a User one?
I'll double check tonight, but I think I did. I remember it was the second tab over (if someone is familiar enough to know if that is the system DSN tab off memory or not).

I was wondering if using a different user would matter. I have CQC log in under a special windows user and I set up the SQL server using the Admininstrator user (which isn't the name of the CQC user I setup - although the CQC user is an administrator too). But it sounds like if the process was followed correctly and set up as a System DSN, then using a different user shouldn't matter, correct?
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
We my problems have gotten bigger (or at least are manifesting themselves different from last night).

Now when I open the ODBC Source Administrator and try to change the "CQC Alarm Logger" item under the System DSN tab, it won't connect to the database. Now when I try to get past the 2nd screen (where you leave everything default - concerning windows login, etc), it trys to connect to the database and fails.

This is the error I get now.
[Image: SQLEXpressError.jpg]

I know it was connecting last night because I got farther along in the process and could actually test the system (which is the next step). Not only that, the test was successful last night.

The only thing I can think of is I think the computer shut down last night. Could that have changed something where I don't have the correct permissions now when I did last night?

I've already deleted the database and recreated it and deleted the ODBC item, but cannot recreate it due to being unable to connect. I deleted these items only after it was already failing, but recreating them tonight did not change the error I was getting.
Brian

OK - if I click on the "Client Configuration" button and switch the network libraries from TCP/IP to Named Pipes, then I can successfully complete the setting up of the DNS object and connect to the database just fine.

[Image: SQLsuccess-1.jpg]

The problem is that the CQC DataLogger Driver still doesn't show any ODBC Database Sources.

[Image: CQCDataloggerDriver.jpg]

So we are back to square one! Any suggestions? I know for sure that it has been set up as a System DNS object.
Brian

I don't know what what it would be other than some quirk of RDP or something.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Well I had to add a graphics card to the server so I could log in locally (instead of using RDP). However the results are the same. There is no option to choose when installing the CQC Datalogger driver.

Strange....

I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong, but I can't figure it out.
Brian

I've followed the setup of the DataNAB and have it working for a single temperature read out. Two questions:
1) What tweaks do I need to be able to display two different pieces of logged information on the same template in IV? Right now if I list multiple temperatures in Action Tab of Template, List Browser only populates for last QueryDescriptor listed. I'm sure I'm missing something basic.
2) I found, downloaded and installed Graphmatic. Now what? How do I get the data from DataNAB into Graphmatic? I searched the forum but did not see a detailed Graphmatic setup like there is for DataNAB.

Thanks.

EDIT: I finally found this http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...ight=graph I'll stumble thru it and see what I can get working.
Now that its over two years since this was posted where do we stand with versions of SQL Express and studio management (for W2k8 x64).

Should I use the latest
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 Express
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 Management Studio Express

or stick with the version linked to in the initial post here (2005 - 7 year old versions)?

I am also using mymovies if that makes any difference.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To - Configure MyMovies Driver on Windows 7 x64 wuench 18 13,615 10-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: MikeA
  create a grid of temp values from DataLogDB IVB 6 2,184 12-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: IVB
  How to diagnose a runaway driver issue Dean Roddey 4 4,814 05-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Last Post: DaveAlvarado
  How To: Logitech Squeeze Center Driver jkish 328 62,780 12-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Last Post: gacevich
  How to setup the Weather Channel data feed driver. beelzerob 3 12,439 05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Get Album Art Working with J. River Repository Driver Squiddy 0 5,678 11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Squiddy