Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To: Modify Scheduled Events from the IV
Okay, i exported just the irrigation template. It's a small area, just the bottom right of the template above, but the rest of the stuff is just navigation/etc wrappers, this is all you need to get the clue.

This link is just for that template. I'll create another mega-zip with all my templates in the 3.0 format once it comes out.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Thanks IVB

One thing, on the OnLoad action, the Z1Stop-Tue calls for True for both states.

The Variable Text Widgets for Hour show minutes, while the Text Widget for Minutes only shows 0's, even though they are calling the correct varaiable (vZ1StartHour, and vZ1StartMin etc.)

Any ideas?

EDIT - I should have specified - I used your template in its entirety. I just edited it to point to my scheduled events. Also I am currently running 2.4.44
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:Thanks IVB

One thing, on the OnLoad action, the Z1Stop-Tue calls for True for both states.
hmm, i'll check it out tonight. There's a distinct possibility you may have found a bug in the Z1Stop-Tue, there's so many widgets on that screen I may not have gotten them all done right.
Quote:The Variable Text Widgets for Hour show minutes, while the Text Widget for Minutes only shows 0's, even though they are calling the correct varaiable (vZ1StartHour, and vZ1StartMin etc.)

Very odd, I was 100.0% sure that every text widget worked right as i'm using that screen, but of course now that i'm not looking at it, maybe i didn't catch one. All my times are very close to each other numerically (hours = 0/1/2, minutes = 0/1/2/3/4/5), so maybe i didn't pick up on a reversal.

I'll look at that tonight too. Won't be until closer to 9pm PST as i'm off to Santa Cruz/beach boardwalk all day (random Tuesday PTO day with the kids, gotta love that).
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
I upgraded to 2.4.54 and that fixed the Hours and Minutes.

I am finding problems with some of the "Days" checkboxes, but will try to figure them out.

I did find that in a number of the Variable Text Boxes, rather than this line
IntfViewer::RunTmplAction
P1=ParseZ1Start

They were using this line
IntfViewer::RunTmplAction
P1=ParseMBRWakeup

When I changed them all to the ParseZ?Start or ParseZ?Stop, it seemed to work correctly.

I'll let you know if I find out the problem with the "Days"
Thanks
George M
Some of the "Days" Static Check Boxes referred to incorrect widgets. If you look at some of the widgets (particularly Z3) it tries to set the state for
IWdgTarget:MBRWakeup-Mon - rather than Z3Start-Mon for example.

What an impressive job of programming. There is a lot going on in this. Thanks for sharing your template. If I had to do all the programming from scratch, I would never have gotten it. Just trying to add another zone has been a challenge. Is there a way to copy the existing programming to a text editor, make changes (i.e. Z4 to Z5) and then copy it back? I tried with Word and Notepad, but it would not copy back to the Action.

A couple of observations as I played around with it, if you don’t mind.

To try to turn all the days to the off position creates an error on the last change. It won’t accept all days as off. The color will change on the day, but the actual change does not go through. This makes sense, since if you set up a scheduled event you have to pick at least one day as active to continue.

Have you thought about using only one set of Days per zone. So that if you set "Mon" active for a start, it would automatically set "Mon" Active for the Stop.
What I see could possibly happen is to set a zone to start on Mon, but if the Stop was overlooked or missed, the zone would continue to run indefinitely. Right now, I am just going to set all the Stop day as active, which will send unneeded commands to the valves, but will make sure they get shut off.

Anyway, Great Job and thanks. It has already generated much enthusiasm
Thanks
George M
Okay, that is odd, I guess I haven't used as many widgets as I thought.

For the observations, esp the 1 set of days, that is a good idea. There are so many different steps, it took 100% of my mental capacity just to figure it all out. Then again, my hope was that by sharing, i would get exactly this - "if you just do xx, this would be simpler." That would also save some real estate, too. Those screens are rather busy.

Thanks.

BTW, no way that I know of to make mass changes via a text editor, the donkey work is the majority of what took (2?) hours per event.
Edit: Never mind.

This is awesome. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work.
Good job IVB, must have taken a few hours to get all the bugs out.
Hope to see you soon.
Mike.
Its not my job to fix everything, just to get everything fixed.
i'll be at Cedia, start exercising your liver now...
ivb, i took the time to setup control of scheduled events the old way (via variables driver) and just noticed that u changed to this method. this seems to be a cleaner, "dean approved" method. other than elegance, is there any reason to convert the logic in my already working templates to this new logic?