Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Net RIVA Client
Check the user settings too. Make sure that the user you are using has a valid default template set.
froop Wrote:Check the user settings too. Make sure that the user you are using has a valid default template set.

That I have not done. Will check and see.
froop Wrote:Check the user settings too. Make sure that the user you are using has a valid default template set.

Froop
Exactly how do you set the default template set? I upgraded to .51 and did custom with everything installed. When I log in to the remote viewer in the Charmedquark menu list it returns

There is no default templated defined for user 'Admin'

Not sure how to define the template. I am missing something real simple.
It's in the user account configuration.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I have it working now. Found everything. Axim works with test screens.
Having an issue getting this working on my HTC Fuze, keep getting null socket errors. Trying some user-error type stuff, but one unrelated thing I know is that it doesn't like a password with a & in it. When I use that login, the first screen shows a blank username/etc.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Yeh, if it's using an XML configuration file you'll have to escape the ampersand. Use & in place of the ampersand.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
IVB Wrote:Having an issue getting this working on my HTC Fuze, keep getting null socket errors. Trying some user-error type stuff, but one unrelated thing I know is that it doesn't like a password with a & in it. When I use that login, the first screen shows a blank username/etc.
It is really worthwhile getting the utility mentioned in the release notes (VXUtil) and making certain you can ping the server that is running the RIVA server before messing about (at all) with the client. And as Dean surmised, escaping the ampersand is all that is needed to use a text field with an ampersand (or any other html character).
Mark Stega
I'm a little confused by MS naming structure and how it fits within the .Net RIVA client. It seems that Windows CE is a larger OS that Windows Mobile and PocketPC OS fall under. In other words, Windows Mobile 6 is a subset of Windows CE 6.

But in the release notes, Mark states:
Mark Stega Wrote:For the handheld, the officially supported platforms are WM2003, WM2003SE, Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0 SmartPhone, and all versions of Windows Mobile 6, using .Net CompactFramework 3.5 SP1. We suggest a minimum environment of WM2003 SE with at least 64 Mb of RAM. We currently have the ARM processor DNRIV in the download, we will build a version for any supported CPU upon customer request.

So here is my question, will Mark's .Net RIVA client work on a Windows CE 5 or Windows CE 6 OS that isn't specifically a Windows Mobile 5 or Mobile 6 version? Should it work on some of these larger tablets that run a full Windows CE OS instead of the just the smaller mobile devices that run Windows Mobile?
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
sic0048 Wrote:I'm a little confused by MS naming structure and how it fits within the .Net RIVA client. It seems that Windows CE is a larger OS that Windows Mobile and PocketPC OS fall under. In other words, Windows Mobile 6 is a subset of Windows CE 6.

But in the release notes, Mark states:

So here is my question, will Mark's .Net RIVA client work on a Windows CE 5 or Windows CE 6 OS that isn't specifically a Windows Mobile 5 or Mobile 6 version? Should it work on some of these larger tablets that run a full Windows CE OS instead of the just the smaller mobile devices that run Windows Mobile?
It depends upon how the CE image was configured. CE is like eXP in that the device manufacturer can tailor the image to an incredible degree. As an example, if the device wasn't meant to be used on a network, the entire network stack may be excluded. The only way to tell is to try the client and see if all the required pieces of OS are present.
Mark Stega

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Html 5 Riva potts.mike 9 5,627 09-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Last Post: bjkiller
  Thinking about the next step in RIVA Dean Roddey 6 5,004 01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  Official RIVA thread Dean Roddey 382 79,652 07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  Windows Phone Client - whats the option here znelbok 3 7,708 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dangerlong
  Transparent images in RIVA? SamVimes2 36 21,850 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  riva burkepaol4 1 6,295 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
  Riva screen blanker on CF.NET froop 3 5,460 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: froop
  RIVA Connection batwater 6 5,072 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: batwater
  web client (html/ajax) bjkiller 9 5,122 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
  Java based RIVA Client? batwater 10 7,020 04-03-2010, 05:35 AM