Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Net RIVA Client
Quote:I don't know why it can't map CQCMS to an IP address. It always has before.

Are you sure you didn't someone get your setup using domain based names now? If so, then you need to change the TCP/IP config to add the correct domain suffix to the machine name.

Quote:I don't know why the remote server tried to start itself up again, 38 minutes after I tried manually, and while I was at the supermarket.

It's not licensed probably. But the shell is trying to restart it periodically.

Quote:I don't know why the client count increased at the same time.

It probably came up at a time when other things were going on, and in the process of trying to run caused the client count to increase on one of the servers.

Quote:I don't know what was going on at 11:12.

It looks like nothing can come up because no one can resolve the machine name. So things are just continuing to try.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean

I have updated to 2.4.49 and the riva 1.1b.1 and have the same problem as Froop. Did a netstat and CQC is not listening on 13516 or 13517. Do I need a new key as you mentioned? I am loading the CF on a dell axim and it gives the same error. Do I need to upgrade to 2.4.50 as well?
Aah. That would explain it. Sorry if I missed that somewhere in the mix. I haven't really been keeping up with things over the past few weeks. But getting a little bit of up-late time on the PC with my 2 week old girl playing havok with our sleeping patterns Smile

Will send through the key on email, Thanks Dean.
So it was just the license key!
RIVA is now working for me using both Win7 64bit and iPaq clients. One thing that is a little annoying with the CF version, is that the config and login dialogs are made to suit a 240x320 portrait screen, whereas I use mine landscape, so its 320x240.
woodman60 Wrote:Dean

I have updated to 2.4.49 and the riva 1.1b.1 and have the same problem as Froop. Did a netstat and CQC is not listening on 13516 or 13517. Do I need a new key as you mentioned? I am loading the CF on a dell axim and it gives the same error. Do I need to upgrade to 2.4.50 as well?

You don't necessarily need to upgrade, though you might as well if it's not a lot of hassle. But you need to send me an e-mail with your key so that I can send you you license file with the RIVA stuff added.
Dean Roddey
Dean, what's the reason for requiring a new license? Is it just due to the underlying security implementation, or are you gearing up to be able to move away from your flat licensing to a structured model?
We started with a feature based licensing system from the start. Although we don't use it anymore, it's still there should it be needed for any special case scenario in the future, e.g. some embedded scenario by another company or something like that, where they only license certain features. And though we've ever only had one 'extra charge' feature so far, it's theoretically possible we could have another one some day, so it would handle that as well.
Dean Roddey
I'm liking this .NET RIVA client. Much better solution than the old .NET viewer, and I'm able to use my iPaq again. On the plus side as well, is that it now (I presume) properly supports alpha channels. Which makes it easier to make nice looking screens - don't have to include parts of the background in my buttons!

Couple of comments that I would like to make at this point..

CF Viewer:
  1. The screen draws are quite obvious. After pressing a button, I will often see a window through to the next screen before the full redraw occurs. I can live with this. But more annoyingly, is that often I can see draws of the screen as flashes of white sections.
  2. It would be nice to be able to template the login screen (or at least provide an image overlay for it). Makes it look a little shmicker that a bog standard boring login screen each time I wake the PDA up.
  3. Config screen and dialogs don't play nice with 320x240 landscape.
  4. My stylus is very loose in its pocket, and it always slips out onto the floor. Please fix this first.

Desktop Viewer. I know not really a focus, as its really only for debuggin but here are a couple of points to consider. Keep in mind I don't know if they're Win7/64bit specific or not;
  1. Doesn't seem to load defaults from the XML file
  2. If I key in a username/password, it still seems to want to use the ones from the CQC_USERNAME and CQC_PASSWORD environment variables
  3. The screen resolution entered appears to be used for the whole window size, not the IV template size. So if I enter 320,240 for my 320x240 templates, I lose some of the template to the window decorations.
Quote:The screen draws are quite obvious. After pressing a button, I will often see a window through to the next screen before the full redraw occurs. I can live with this. But more annoyingly, is that often I can see draws of the screen as flashes of white sections

Mark probably hasn't done any optimization yet on the redrawing. Optimally, a simple mode client would actually accumulate invalid areas for a short period of time, then look at them and find the most efficient way of asking for the invalid areas, to do as few transactions as possible and hopefully avoid any multiple redraws which can happen sometimes in quick succession.
Dean Roddey
I posted this in another Thread but it belongs here. I must be missing something simple.

I did a full custom update and installed everything on the MS. My client/development computer was up graded the same way with the custom form. The summary page on the install process listed True and showed the ports, I believe 13516 and 13517.

The netstat/an on the MS shows CQC is listening on multiple ports including 13516 thru 13518.

On the Dell axim, I have vxUtil installed and can read the ports to the computer MS 192.168.1.100 address and this shows many ports open including 13516 thru 13518.

I have rebooted both the MS and the Client and have CQC up and running now with 2.4.50 installed.

I still get the same error on the desktop and the Axim when I try to connect. I get the configurationForm with what looks like the correct data in the form. Admin and password are correct and the address is 192.168.1.100 (MS). The CQC logon screen comes up and the error Error verifying user ID and password appears and it keeps trying to connect.

That is where I am now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Html 5 Riva potts.mike 9 5,637 09-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Last Post: bjkiller
  Thinking about the next step in RIVA Dean Roddey 6 5,007 01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  Official RIVA thread Dean Roddey 382 79,954 07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  Windows Phone Client - whats the option here znelbok 3 7,713 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dangerlong
  Transparent images in RIVA? SamVimes2 36 21,915 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  riva burkepaol4 1 6,299 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
  Riva screen blanker on CF.NET froop 3 5,467 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: froop
  RIVA Connection batwater 6 5,079 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: batwater
  web client (html/ajax) bjkiller 9 5,131 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
  Java based RIVA Client? batwater 10 7,036 04-03-2010, 05:35 AM