Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-Wire via HA7Net
1-Wire Reader via HA7Net
Version 0.0.a1
ALPHA Revision 3

1-Wire reader via HA7Net is a web page based reader. This version of the driver is
MY FIRST DRIVER AND IS STILL VERY MUCH UNDER DEVELOPMENT.
Use caution in using it. It works on my system but I have not had it tested on any other systems.

currently reads
Temperature DS18S20
Humidity (unit reads both temperature and humidity.)

Current Issues:
0) Only reads DS18S20 temperature sensors.
1) field names are too long.
2) field <Device>_Name - is not used yet. Once shutdown this information is lost. It will in the future be saved to a file and re-filled BUT NOT YET.
3) The method of getting information is still changing. It seems like every time I start working on it I think of a better way to do it. So what you see today -- has already changed.

It polls every 15 second (NOT ADJUSTABLE YET)

Release Info

Version 0.0.a3 (ALPHA): posted June 27, 2009
* Improvement - Changes the procedure to pull humidity from the web page data that is more reliable and gets the accuracy that the web page is passing.

Version 0.0.a2 (ALPHA):
* Improvement - Changes the procedure to pull tempertatures from the web page data that is more reliable and gets the accuracy that the web page is passing.

Version 0.0.a1 (ALPHA):
* Fixed requirement that there had to be 1 Temperature and 1 Humidity sensor on the system - Now if it does not exist it will not care.
* Improvement - Will allow adding devices to the 1-Wire network while the driver is running.

Version 0.0.0 - ALPHA Version
comments welcome
suggestions welcome
wishes welcome

Good Luck!

[EDIT: I updated this guy to deal with the changes that occurred wrt to socket binding back in the 4.5'ish time frame. I added a new 0.2 version for that.]

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   1WireDev0-ALPHA3.CQCDrvPack (Size: 6.88 KB / Downloads: 22)
.cqcdrvpack   1WireDev_0_2.CQCDrvPack (Size: 6.86 KB / Downloads: 5)
Hello ea_automation!

Just wondering how this setup is working for you? I have been very close to pulling the trigger on my first VK011 for temperature monitoring. But, this HA7NET really intrigues me. In this end, I would probably need 3 VK011s to do what I want to monitor. Between that and having to run a seperate run to each sensor, I would probably have as much in it as I would a HA7NET.

From want I have read, I could use each of the 3 inputs for runs to each of the three levels in my house. Then I could put as many temperature sensors on each run as I wanted. Each run would probably be under 200 feet.

Does it sound like the HA7NET and your driver would handle this?

thanks for any update,
Dan
It has been working fine.
I currently have only temperature and humidity running on the driver and didn't see any action on it being downloaded so I have not worked on it much since the original posting.

I have 52 sensors running. I have it polling slowly (2 minutes) and planning on setting up a rolling poll that instead of requesting all the sensors at once every 2 minutes it will request sensors labeled "Critical" every polling and roll through the others requesting 5 during each poll. As for length of run - I've got all the sensors daisy chained with the distance between sensors averaging 10 feet so that would make the furthest sensor over 500 feet away from the HA7NET.

I'm willing to work with you to correct any issues that you run across, but I'm not finding a lot of time to work on improving the driver during the summer.
It's one of those chicken or egg questions. I'm sure people are reluctant to buy a $155 piece of equipment to read temps when there are cheaper solutions (depending on how many temps you need monitored). Of course if the driver supported more 1 wire devices, then the number of people interested would probably increase.

I realize this driver was done out of a personal need that seemingly has been met, so your desire and motivation for improvements isn't the same now. But in your opinion will adding more compatability be difficult? Or is it a relatively "simple" matter. If you are using the web page method of reading data, my uneducated thought is that it might be pretty easy to call new web pages for the new data and then parse the needed information. But I'm no programmer and may be woefully underestimating the amount of work that would take.

With temp and humidity taken care of, I think a counter would really nice and then the rest of the weather equipment. But the counter may help with that since I believe that is what the rain guage, lightning detector and wind speed sensors really are. So there are not a lot of other weather instruments needed.

Anyway, I am following your progress closely and hope development continues on this driver (either by you or someone else). With a few more supported functions, this would be a nice addition to my system.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Hello ea_automation

Have been using your driver since you first posted it, however it was only able to identify one sensor in an array of six and only one type. Is there some manual configuration required?
I think I am ready to pull the trigger. Does anybody know a good place to buy an HA7NET?? The manufacturer has them for ~$150, but it sounds like there are better deals. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
You can purchase them at Embeded Data Systems http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/Ethernet_c_39.html
I'm with sic on this. I am definitely interested in the 1 wire driver and primarily for measuring weather and environmental stuff. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, if money is a motivator, I'll would certainly throw down for additional capabilities.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
sic0048 Wrote:With temp and humidity taken care of, I think a counter would really nice and then the rest of the weather equipment. But the counter may help with that since I believe that is what the rain guage, lightning detector and wind speed sensors really are. So there are not a lot of other weather instruments needed.

Plans to take care of this. But as you said the need got me started and I've slowed down. I need to get the relay and relay monitoring running but counters are on the list.
fze9002 Wrote:Have been using your driver since you first posted it, however it was only able to identify one sensor in an array of six and only one type. Is there some manual configuration required?

No manual needed. It automatically finds them. What type of sensor are you using? I'll repost with the latest Saturday afternoon when I get home with the latest version that I have running.