Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anything change in the Onkyo (Integra) Driver?
Previously I was able to control my Onkyo 705 with the Integra driver. I was using the SR703 since there was not a SR705 to pick from.

This was about two months ago and a few update ago. Now that I am into setting up some commands I find that CQC will not connect. By the way it was connected before as I tested most of the commands.

Now I get the "Wait for connection" error. When I put the driver into high verbose mode I get this series:

CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2659, Status/App Status
Driver 'GM705' is trying to connect to its device
}
03/06 17:02:10-CQC-Server, CQCServer, CQCDrv_GM705_Thread18
{
CQCGenDrvS, MEng.System.CQC.Drivers.Integra.Receiver.DriverImpl.674, Status/App Status
Sending: '!1PWRQSTN
'
}
03/06 17:02:14-CQC-Server, CQCServer, CQCDrv_GM705_Thread18
{
CQCGenDrvS, MEng.System.CQC.Drivers.Integra.Receiver.DriverImpl.856, Status/App Status
Exception during connect. Text=Timed out waiting for a message
}
03/06 17:02:16-CQC-Server, CQCServer, CQCDrv_GM705_Thread18
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverBase.cpp.2659, Status/App Status
Driver 'GM705' is trying to connect to its device
}
03/06 17:02:16-CQC-Server, CQCServer, CQCDrv_GM705_Thread18
{
CQCGenDrvS, MEng.System.CQC.Drivers.Integra.Receiver.DriverImpl.674, Status/App Status
Sending: '!1PWRQSTN
'
}

Even though it worked previously, I tested the wiring from the computer to the receiver and it all checks out. I am using serial to cat5 adapters on each end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
George M
Thanks
George M
You might have to try connecting to it with a terminal program and sending it that command see if it responds and if so how it responds.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I'll try that and see what happens.

GM
Thanks
George M
Nothing has changed in the driver -- In the logs you can see the query for power status go out and after about 3 seconds the attempted read of a reply times out. Another thing to try is to bring the receiver local to the com port and try a regular cable.
Mark Stega
Thanks Mark. If I cant connect via terminal service I will try the direct connection.

Also will the driver be updated to include newer models - i.e. 05 and 06 models?

Thanks
GM
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:Thanks Mark. If I cant connect via terminal service I will try the direct connection.

Also will the driver be updated to include newer models - i.e. 05 and 06 models?

Thanks
GM
No updates are planned; Are you missing any control features using the older models?
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:No updates are planned; Are you missing any control features using the older models?

Well it's in the wiring going from serial to cat5 and back again. When connecting directly to the receiver using just a serial cable I get a connection.

As for what is in the driver and what is now supported in the Onkyo units, there seems to be quite a bit.

First of all in the driver there is a bug in that DolbyEX and DTSES are combined and should be seperated. When picked it comes up as Not Available.
Also THX Surround EX comes up as Not Available - It is available on the 705

As far as listening modes I could not find in the driver:

Dolby Digital Plus
Dolbe TureHD
DTS
DTS 96/24
DTS-ES Discrete
DTS-ES Matrix
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
Neural THX 5.1/7.1
THX Select2 Cinema

Thanks
GM
Thanks
George M
George M Wrote:Well it's in the wiring going from serial to cat5 and back again. When connecting directly to the receiver using just a serial cable I get a connection.

As for what is in the driver and what is now supported in the Onkyo units, there seems to be quite a bit.

First of all in the driver there is a bug in that DolbyEX and DTSES are combined and should be seperated. When picked it comes up as Not Available.
Also THX Surround EX comes up as Not Available - It is available on the 705

As far as listening modes I could not find in the driver:

Dolby Digital Plus
Dolbe TureHD
DTS
DTS 96/24
DTS-ES Discrete
DTS-ES Matrix
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
Neural THX 5.1/7.1
THX Select2 Cinema

Thanks
GM

If you can rustle up a protocol document I can attend to the changes. You say that there are quite a few changes but then list just one, a change to the available audio processing modes. Can you list the others that you think are significant?

I am leaving on vacation 3/13 - 3/28 so I can't attend to this until April...
Mark Stega
Thanks Mark,
That will give me time to find the protocol. I didnt test all the functions but will do that also.
Have a goo vacation.

GM
Thanks
George M
Mark Stega Wrote:If you can rustle up a protocol document I can attend to the changes. You say that there are quite a few changes but then list just one, a change to the available audio processing modes. Can you list the others that you think are significant?

I am leaving on vacation 3/13 - 3/28 so I can't attend to this until April...

Mark in looking at the protocol, it looks exactly as you have in the driver. Dont know if there is an updated protocol or not.

Most of the changes were in the audio processing. There were not any others that I was interested in.

Thanks
George M
Thanks
George M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 129 11,515 06-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Somfy RTS Driver jokermac 4 221 05-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Problem with B&K Driver / Keypad kblagron 9 716 03-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Problem with EventGhost Driver batwater 2 268 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM
  Zigbee Driver adamalli 12 1,238 01-17-2019, 06:20 AM
Last Post: CouchPotatoe
  Stupid question: How can I read a motion or other field state change ghurty 10 838 01-10-2019, 10:10 AM
  GetCurMillis immune to system time change? rbroders 6 685 12-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  CML Driver IDE [copy/paste] does not work lleo 2 571 11-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: lleo
  How to update the new zwave stick/driver? ghurty 5 790 11-22-2018, 06:56 PM
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 15 2,264 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: TurboSam