Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How-To Setup SMTP with SSL using stunnel
Well I was going to try and duplicate the issue but I don't even see System::Email as a command anymore, I only see HTMLEMail and EmailURLImg under system.

I did telnet into Gmail and I didn't see anything unusual in the response (through stunnel), but you should be able to take a sniffer trace of it in wireshark on your client and it will all be in the clear/readable, so you should be able to identify where in the process CQC is choking...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
batwater Wrote:Are you trying to run stunnel as a service? Apparently this does not work. Users have reported success triggering it to run from the startup folder.

-Ben

Ah, that might be it. Alas i'm not back home for 90 minutes, will try that later.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I run stunnel on my router and I am see the issue too with gmail, so nothing to do with Windows.

I did finally get some sniffer traces and it looks like stunnel sends a reset on the initial connection, but if you try it again it goes through. It doesn't look like a CQC problem.

I have been running this setup with my hosting account email and haven't had any issues. I can't get it to break. So it seems to be related to gmail, and something they are doing as far as I can tell. The only thing that could be done from a CQC standpoint is just to retry a few times. Not sure if there is an stunnel option that would help.
Wuench

wuench Wrote:Well I was going to try and duplicate the issue but I don't even see System::Email as a command anymore, I only see HTMLEMail and EmailURLImg under system.

Dean, What wuench said, how do we do this? :confused:

-Ben
I just used HTMLEmail to test...
Wuench

Yikes, how did that get lost? I'll look into that.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Okay, I have this working with gmail & stunnel, just sent an email from a test template running an IV on a machine other than my master server...

1) not running stunnel as a service, started from desktop on master server

2) for email config in CQC

server: put in the IP address of the machine running stunnel (happens to be my master server) don't use localhost
port:5000

3) stunnel config un-commented out gmail block and edit accept line (I think I did, regardless, it should look like below if you set CQC to 5000 following wuench's instructions in the 1st post)

[gmail-smtp]
client = yes
accept = 5000
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

So I can send an email from CQC to a gmail account but I cannot get it to send to someone else yet. More playing...

-Ben
Doh! Helps if you save your template edits before reloading in the IV.

Successful in sending email from CQC via stunnel v4.54 (current release, v5 in beta) to email accounts other than gmail.

-Ben
batwater Wrote:Okay, I have this working with gmail & stunnel, just sent an email from a test template running an IV on a machine other than my master server...

1) not running stunnel as a service, started from desktop on master server

2) for email config in CQC

server: put in the IP address of the machine running stunnel (happens to be my master server) don't use localhost
port:5000

3) stunnel config un-commented out gmail block and edit accept line (I think I did, regardless, it should look like below if you set CQC to 5000 following wuench's instructions in the 1st post)

[gmail-smtp]
client = yes
accept = 5000
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

So I can send an email from CQC to a gmail account but I cannot get it to send to someone else yet. More playing...

-Ben

no love, still bad reply, even with the desktop program. I have a Google Apps gmail account, I wonder if thats it. Off to test via my comcast account, I don't think i've ever used that. (Its our internet provider)
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
IVB Wrote:no love, still bad reply, even with the desktop program. I have a Google Apps gmail account, I wonder if thats it. Off to test via my comcast account, I don't think i've ever used that. (Its our internet provider)

Strange, same exact reply from Comcast. I wonder if this is PBKAC...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to setup the Weather Channel data feed driver. beelzerob 3 12,293 05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey