Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How-To Setup SMTP with SSL using stunnel
ok thanks. I haven't really kept up with changes since 2.1, all this stuff in the newer versions just bewilders me, but I thought that would have been an awesome cool thing.

Dean, there really isn't a performance hit if I do the jkish thing every 1 minute is there? I used to have an every minute trigger, don't recall it being a big deal. I have a C2D and the box runs CQC, SageTV, DropBox, Picasa, but those are all pretty minor things.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
It's not a biggie really to have one run once a minute.

I guess one thing that could be done would be to provide a 'once on startup' type of schedule option. It could be done by having a non-sticky pause so that it paused itself after running once, but the pause was set only in the server itself, never saved. So after any restart, it would get unpaused again until it was run once. It could be set up to wait for some number of minutes before running, to insure everything is up and running again.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I have a Variable Driver variable called bStartup that defaults to False. Then my scheduled job that runs every minute sets it to true. In order to keep the scheduled job quick, I use a trigger on the bStartup change to True to do the real work though. Since I do so much in that one job, I'm always trying to keep the actual work done by that job to a minute.

Russ...
Yep, that would be another way to go about it and avoid overhead.
Dean Roddey
sic0048 Wrote:I've tried setting it up using a gmail account, but I get this error when pressing the "test" button on the IV.

[Image: cqcemailerror.jpg]

Here is my email setup screen.
[Image: CQCEmailSetup.jpg]

ad-dns-1 is the name of the computer running the stunnel software.

Any suggestions?

i'm having the same issue (reply had a bad length) on Windows 7. Never got this working. Double-checked the firewall openings, everything seems to be identical. Anyone got this working on W7?
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
If you are using stunnel, then the server would be the local host, or whatever local machine is running stunnel, since you want to connect to it and it connects to the actual server based on configuration.
Dean Roddey
yep, thats what I did.
Are there special concerns if stunnel isn't running on the same machine? Most folks tend to set it up that way and just use localhost as the target address (in this case that would mean having it installed on any machines that are going to issue an email command, which wouldn't be necessarily optimal.)
Dean Roddey
I'm down to 1 machine (plus very occasional usage of a laptop). Stunnel is on the server, everything is on the server. Still get the no-reply.
Are you trying to run stunnel as a service? Apparently this does not work. Users have reported success triggering it to run from the startup folder.

-Ben

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to setup the Weather Channel data feed driver. beelzerob 3 12,439 05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey