Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gacevich's Setup
No one else has been complaing about it. What version of CQC are on you?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I'm using V3.0.6
The only reason I can think of is that it can't store the data. Is any error being logged when you do this?
Dean Roddey
How are you viewing the Variable Driver? I would think it is through the Admin Interface. Currently, the Admin Interface will not update with the new default value automatically (even through the field really has been updated to the new default value). Try closing out the Admin Interface and reopening it. You should see the updated default value once you reopen the AI.

If you do see the new value, this is the normal way the AI works currently. So just don't worry about "checking" the values and assume they work correctly. Or close out and reopen the AI everytime you want to check it.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
dean, i checked the logs and there is no message related to the SetFldDefault not working.

brian, i am viewing the variables driver via the AI. my hopes we high that your explanation was right. however, i tried different combinations of making changes and with and without the AI open. no joy in seeing the default value update. do you use the SetFldDefault command in any of your templates and are you able to see the default value update?
gacevich Wrote:dean, i checked the logs and there is no message related to the SetFldDefault not working.

brian, i am viewing the variables driver via the AI. my hopes we high that your explanation was right. however, i tried different combinations of making changes and with and without the AI open. no joy in seeing the default value update. do you use the SetFldDefault command in any of your templates and are you able to see the default value update?

Yes, I use the SetFldDefault. If I set it while the AI is open, the Current Value changes in the Variable Driver local client driver window in AI, but the Default value does not change (EDIT - I should note that in my actions, I change the current value and then the next action line sets the default value to the just updated value, so that is why I can see the current value change, but the default value does not for whatever reason). If I close out the AI, and then reopen it, it will have the correct (updated) default value listed.

I'm running 3.0.11.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
The default is not field data. The client is just showing the field values. It's not notified if the configuration is changed behind it's back currently. That's something that would need to be added.
Dean Roddey
brian, thanks for the help. got it to work properyly this morning. not sure what i was doing wrong but your confirmation that i was on correct path helped.

Dean Roddey Wrote:The default is not field data. The client is just showing the field values. It's not notified if the configuration is changed behind it's back currently. That's something that would need to be added.
dean, if you would add this to the list it would help prevent people like me from getting stuck in the mud. thanks for your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KBL's CQC Setup kblagron 36 16,258 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Looking to overhaul my CQC setup Sendero 7 3,008 10-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  potts' cqc setup potts.mike 73 15,430 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Todd's CQC Setup fairview1100 6 3,657 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: fairview1100
  Trioxide's setup Trioxide 27 4,524 04-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Trioxide