Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create a Customizable Dialog
Thanks. Hopefully it will be useful to more than just me.
Les
I'm new to CQC and just found this How-To. This dialog is very nicely done and gave me even more ideas. I also got a countdown timer added to it. Thanks for the post! :-)
BTW, one thing to consider when doing a fancy dialog popup like this, which involves a fair number of values being passed in, is to use template parameters instead, That way you don't have so many global variables floating around. For the return value you can use the IntfView::SetRetVal and GetRetVal commands.

That can make it a lot cleaner and more standalone. These features may not have been available when he first did these.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I was actually wondering why he didn't use template parameters. One thing nice about the global variables though is that their names make the actions more readable.
Cause they weren't around when I wrote this up... Dean has a habit of adding features to make things easier after I come up with some complicated way of doing something... :-)
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  create a grid of temp values from DataLogDB IVB 6 1,952 12-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: IVB
  How to create simple one way drivers Dean Roddey 2 2,879 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Create Custom DropDown Widget jrlewis 2 10,045 08-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Last Post: jrlewis
  How to create a "Run Time" counter and display beelzerob 13 8,722 01-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Last Post: beelzerob