Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create a Customizable Dialog
You would issue a reset command via the InvokeCmd field. If you were using CDTimer1 you would use the InvokeCmd field and write ResetCD 1 Seconds 10.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
jrlewis Wrote:For the Field Time Text widget select the Time Fmt tab. For the Format String type in %(s,2,0) for straight seconds or %(u,2,0):%(s,2,0) for an mmConfuseds format. Works like a charm.

That tab appears to be missing in the version I am on. (2.4.32)
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Yeh, looks like that one got left out when the tabs were moved up to the designer. I'll get that fixed in the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
jrlewis Wrote:You would issue a reset command via the InvokeCmd field. If you were using CDTimer1 you would use the InvokeCmd field and write ResetCD 1 Seconds 10.

I'm obviously missing something. I set up a countdown timer driver and have a field time text widget associated with it. But nowhere can I find the InvokeCmd field to reset it. What am I missing? I've tried the field time widget cmds, the popup cmds, and the cmds on the widget that invokes the popup.
TIA,
Les
Invokecmd is a field in the timers driver. Look at the timers driver doc for details, but basically you write a string to it telling it which counter to reset.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Thanks. By telling me what I already knew you reminded me of what I was forgetting to do, insert a cmd:fieldwrite at the same time as setting the pop up time out. Sort of a duh moment. Big Grin

It does work but describing the countdown as not really smooth is an understatement. From 10 it goes something like this: 10, 8, 7, 4, 2, ????, 1, and executes. It certainly conveys the idea but doesn't look to hot. I'm not sure to go ahead and implement for real or not.
Les
I could always I guess implement a 'local countdown' widget for those sorts of things.
Dean Roddey
I honestly don't know how much benefit there is to this. I'd like it but in the grand scheme just don't know. All I was trying to do was system shutdown in 10, 9, 8, ... though I'll probably switch to a 5 second wait.

My system is pretty simple so it's not like there are hundreds of tasks going in the background. It also seemed to be the same whether I was on the console or over an RDP session.
Les
Dean, if you can do a local countdown widget without to much trouble and think others might use it, it would be appreciated. The countdown is pretty ragged. Doesn't look professional at all.
Les
I might be able to slip it in at some point for the 3.0 release. Hard to say. If not, then in the next one easily enough.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  create a grid of temp values from DataLogDB IVB 6 1,952 12-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: IVB
  How to create simple one way drivers Dean Roddey 2 2,879 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Create Custom DropDown Widget jrlewis 2 10,045 08-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Last Post: jrlewis
  How to create a "Run Time" counter and display beelzerob 13 8,722 01-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Last Post: beelzerob