Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trioxide's setup
Dean Roddey Wrote:You can already export them. It's just the folks who have moved to the latest betas can't import ones exported from 2.4.0. If you move up to the latest beta, then you you can export packages for folks on the beta, but folks still back on 2.4 won't be able to import them.
catch 22 I see.
tia, Ron

My Go Big or Go Home Retirement HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, (4) JBL 8340As, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, )2) Furman rack conditioners, (2) Danley DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, Panamorph UH-480 anamorphic lens, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), 2 Crest Audio CM2008 8 channel amps, and (3) Parasound Zamps.
Well I have the AV Switch now and have it up and running. Very nice. Now we don't have to fight over what to watch. Using the Logitech Harmony 880 and so now I can easily switch between the different "activities". Have another Harmony upstairs also so the TV switching is correct. As I do use different inputs on my TV it is not perfect as it takes too long for the TV to power on before it tries to switch the input (can I adjust this on the Logitech?). But with the Help button whatever is not working gets corrected fairly easy, which is good for my wife who gets frustrated easy if it doesn't work. On my big screen TV I use the HDMI inputs for the cable box & my server/burned DVD playback and the component inputs for everything else. Upstairs TV has component for everything but for TV watching.
Noticed a problem with the CallerID. It knows when a call is coming in but the name and number are always ???? now. Think I read somewhere about the driver being updated. Also need to modify my templates a little as my wife is using more now (just saw a error msg pop-up when she was on it).
Also had a request for my files so need to get on the server sometime and put that all together. Not organized very well for directory of images and stuff.
Did the graphics work out for you?
tia, Ron

My Go Big or Go Home Retirement HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, (4) JBL 8340As, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, )2) Furman rack conditioners, (2) Danley DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, Panamorph UH-480 anamorphic lens, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), 2 Crest Audio CM2008 8 channel amps, and (3) Parasound Zamps.
Trioxide Wrote:Well I have the AV Switch now and have it up and running. Very nice. Now we don't have to fight over what to watch. Using the Logitech Harmony 880 and so now I can easily switch between the different "activities". Have another Harmony upstairs also so the TV switching is correct. As I do use different inputs on my TV it is not perfect as it takes too long for the TV to power on before it tries to switch the input (can I adjust this on the Logitech?). But with the Help button whatever is not working gets corrected fairly easy, which is good for my wife who gets frustrated easy if it doesn't work. On my big screen TV I use the HDMI inputs for the cable box & my server/burned DVD playback and the component inputs for everything else. Upstairs TV has component for everything but for TV watching.
Noticed a problem with the CallerID. It knows when a call is coming in but the name and number are always ???? now. Think I read somewhere about the driver being updated. Also need to modify my templates a little as my wife is using more now (just saw a error msg pop-up when she was on it).
Also had a request for my files so need to get on the server sometime and put that all together. Not organized very well for directory of images and stuff.

You can change the "power on" delay via the logitech software (at least I can with my 550 remote). It is found under the Device Setup Menu.

I assume your TVs do not have serial control and that is why you are replying on the Logitech to provide power commands, etc. I'm lucky enough that I bought my main TV after switching to CQC, so I made sure it had serial control. So my Logitech remote sends out a single IR command for a specific macro, and then CQC does all the rest including pausing for any required times to turn on the TV, etc. That way the remote does not need to remain pointed at the TV for more than a brief second.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Trioxide Wrote:Well I don't have high ceilings like that but looks like I do have the cross stud as when I had wiring run to my M Bed for component video they could only go so far because of that stud, so my outlet is not where I wanted it. So that does make it a problem with wiring for doors and windows, I think, which is another reason why I was considering wireless.
Get some longer bits, brother.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
Had to upgrade my iTunes on one computer so it would work with my iPhone. Decided I didn't need 2 libraries of my music so combined them and that meant I had to upgrade iTunes on the CQC server. Since then my album images do not display when I am playing my music and displaying the info about it. If I am browsing the albums it works fine. Dean doesn't know what it is but will look in to it. Guess other people have had problems with that also.
Was able to change the power settings for my universal remote so it is working fairly well now. Still a few bugs like the remote upstairs for the bedrm when you turn things on will take the mute off the stereo downstairs. Don't know why it does that. Don't like as I will be working down there and all of a sudden it will be blaring with whatever is on.
Security am still working on it. Have my electrician coming over, sometime, to see what it would take to pull the wires for me for the windows and doors and get my keypad mounted at the side door. I bought a Visonic Next Duo K9-85 motion detector to test it out, and if I like buy more. Problem was when I hooked it up it just flashed between the red & green led. Guess it has a problem as power is fine. Waiting to hear back from the manufacturer.
So not much progress. Would love to have more done, but. . .
Trioxide,

Re: http://www.myfamilyhistoryjj.com/CQC/Lighting2.jpg

[Image: Lighting2.jpg]
I like the look of your dimmers and I assume you have a similar for switches.

Are thous also CQC sliders (user input) or output only?
If they're I/O and not output only, could you share the ingredients? (exported templates, packages, ...

Thanks,
I believe I got the images from here on the site. Been awhile so can't be sure where. The dimmer lights on the side I added and made a Field Progress Bar so they dim or brighten according to the light dimming and brightening. In the center of the button I made a Command Button which does my On/Off. On the top and bottom is a Field Inc/Dec Buttom to do my brightening and dimming. Not sure if this is the best way to do it but it works for me. Most of the time I just use the On/Off but this gives me more options as most of my switches are dimmers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KBL's CQC Setup kblagron 36 16,260 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Looking to overhaul my CQC setup Sendero 7 3,008 10-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  potts' cqc setup potts.mike 73 15,431 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Todd's CQC Setup fairview1100 6 3,658 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: fairview1100
  Gacevich's Setup gacevich 37 10,386 10-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Last Post: gacevich