Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potts' cqc setup
Yes. You can add as many graphs to the single XML file as you want. The more you add, the longer it takes for the graphmatic program to run, but it isn't bad. It currently takes about 10 seconds for the graphmatic program to run with the 6 graphs I am currently populating.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Thanks for posting the graph files, I was able to get these working for temperatures. Can I ask what you are storing for the HVAC tracking in the database? I moved my TR40's from the Elk to the serial ports of the CQC server so I can now see the on and off values for the heat and AC. I am currently storing these in a runtime counter and can display the daily usage (resetting the counter at midnight). However, I am trying to also figure out how you are graphing these as well as being able to store the time run into the database for further analysis.
Currently I am recording the HeatingStage1 and CoolingStage1 fields in the database. I am recording this on a 60 second interval. So every minute either a "True" (if running) or a "False" (if not running) is recorded for both the heating and cooling. I only have 1 stage of each.

I use to only write a record to the database on a field change, but it made my HVAC graphs look wrong because it didn't extract that fact that the HVAC was on until it turned to False. So my HVAC graph only showed a single red/blue line when the system turned on. Now it shows a red/blue line for every minute that the HVAC system is running.

I have not figured out how to use that data and extract the length of times the system is running. In addition to the graphing data, I also use several custom timers just like you are doing right now. I have several timers: daily, weekly, and monthly - and reset them accordingly. Just prior to resetting the timers, I also write the value to a variable driver field as well: daily to yesterday's field, weekly to last week's field, and monthly to last month's field. This way I can compare the current run timers to their respective previous time frame's run time.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'd love to learn a way to extract the time codes from the database information I am already collecting and thereby be able to customize my times. It might be practical to compare each month's run time separately, etc. But I am far from being a database expert. Everything I'v done so far, I've only copied from other people. ;-)
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
I wanted to try out win7 so I installed it on one of my cqc viewer machines. Well I got tired of playing with it an d wanted cqc back so I used the WHS recovery CD. It worked like a charm everything is back exactly as it was before installing win7.
Simply awesome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KBL's CQC Setup kblagron 36 16,259 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Looking to overhaul my CQC setup Sendero 7 3,008 10-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Todd's CQC Setup fairview1100 6 3,657 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: fairview1100
  Gacevich's Setup gacevich 37 10,386 10-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Last Post: gacevich
  Trioxide's setup Trioxide 27 4,524 04-18-2009, 08:59 PM